• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with this WU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The client will handle it, but basically . . .yeah. :( :(

Forget to turn FAH back on?

No i had it running, but it kept trying to connect to the server to send it, but it kept not being able to send it in. You can't just send in a WU manually, can you?

Sending it manually, is done by using the FAH client, so the communications would also fail if you're having com problems.

The flag is " -sendall", but you'll get the same thing just by stopping and re-starting the FAH client.

So you've got a bad setting somewhere in your com settings, Dave. Probably something like the wininet error. Post up about 40 lines of your fahlog.txt file right where you've just started it up, and we'll see what's the problem. If you could post up your client.cfg file, that would also be good. (in your FAH folder).

Looks like this:
[settings]
username=Adak
team=32
asknet=no
bigpackets=yes
machineid=1
local=17

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[core]
checkpoint=30

We'll get it back to normal, but that WU is toast. :cry:

OK... heres my client.cfg file:

[settings]
username=SuperDave1685
team=32
asknet=no
bigpackets=yes
machineid=2
local=10

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

Can't seem to find my log file. Looks like the one i have it dated from 27 Feb for some reason. Weird.

I have seen it unable to connect before, I just stopped the client then restarted it and it sent right through.

I think that's happened to me twice or so.

Well here it is in action. I've closed the SMP client, but it still won't send it... what gives?

Attachments

• wu2.JPG
    wu2.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 43
The standard response to (wininet) is to run -config and change use IE settings to no.

So that bug is still around, huh?:confused:

I guess it's not big on the "to do" list. I remember having problems with using IE settings as early as the Version 2 client.

ChasR is spot on, your client.cfg file has a line in it:

"Use IE settings=Yes"

that needs to be changed to No. Since it's a Unix type file, you either have to be very careful not to disturb a "newline" char which may or may not be seen, right after the s in "Yes", or use a free Unix capable editor like Metapad, or you can do it the lazy way:
Stop the FAH client, and delete the client.cfg file in your FAH directory.

Now, when the client is started back up, it will automatically run it's setup function again, right away. Answer No when it asks if it should use IE settings.

Voila'! :)

Back