• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8.3's are out(!!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vt420

cat 8.3 is out and on the official site now, I just Downloaded, I'll install in a bit at least you guys know if I notice any difference later

Jeff

I just downloaded and installed these from AMD/ATI...I'm now missing my driver .INF??

I just downloaded and installed these from AMD/ATI...I'm now missing my driver .INF??

Did you remove your drivers before putting in the 8.3's?

And what .inf is missing?

Edit: Coreyhm1's stated the only solution I had in mind.

Last edited:

That happend to me, i just finished install the 8.2's and got that error. Go to device manager, click your video card and install the driver manually. It will be in C/ATI/Support/the driver folder/Packages/Drivers/Display/XXXX_INF

You'll see it, thats how i had to get it to install.

Now im debating to download the 8.3's after that long headache :beer:

That happend to me, i just finished install the 8.2's and got that error. Go to device manager, click your video card and install the driver manually. It will be in C/ATI/Support/the driver folder/Packages/Drivers/Display/XXXX_INF

You'll see it, thats how i had to get it to install.

Now im debating to download the 8.3's after that long headache :beer:

Thnx for the advice..

Looks like 8.3 isn't recognized by Riva Tuner 2.07. Anyone else have this issue? I miss my fan control options :(

i always get that popup when i open riva tuner, you just have to ignore it..

edit, i just installed them and ran 3dmark06. My score went down 10 points, but anything could cause that... i haven't tried any games yet.

no 3850 AGP in .inf rofl

try this

Last edited:
8.3 works fine for me...it has not increased or decreased my score at all with my ati 3850...i think i still have my color text issue...but as far as benchmarks it seems to be the same for me and my 3850...here is my results

cpu32-gpu740-1050-memory100055515AI.jpg

If anyone has COD4, is it me, or does the "shakiness" seems to be gone now?

That was driving me nuts on the 8.2's, seems to be perfect now. :beer:

Can't say about 2x HD 3870 X2 performance yet as one of my card's dead, but with one card, the driver seems to be stable as I can OC now w/o getting lockups/freezes. My 2nd card will be in after the weekend, after which I can find out if CFX really works. On a side note, I had absolutely no problem installing and uninstalling this driver suite, with the 8.1 and lower, I used to have problem installing the display driver part, it usually fails to install/stick.

Well one day with 8.3 and so far so good, for the most part

It took an extra reboot to get them stable, the first reboot after install crysis would crash down by the beach near the gps jammer in the first level every time, but reboot again and that went away. Some random glitch I guess.

For me, most of the random unexplained fps drops in crysis are gone (the ones where it would suddenly drop to single digits and then just as suddenly go back to normal when nothing had happened)

3dmark didn't change any more than standard margin of error

I tried just as an experiment letting CIM take care of the driver install completely without first wiping the old one and it seemed to work flawlessly as it should, not everyone can figure out how to properly wipe out a driver that digs in as well as ati's but everyone can double click an icon and click next a few times.

ohh and the corresponding ati theatre drivers for the TV cards are out as well, but even though it says 8.3 on it, the actually driver hasn't been changed, at least not the one for my 650 pci. So I wouldn't bother with that if you haven't already.

It seems to take CCC a lot longer to pop up after I click to start it now.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to throw everything at it, but overall it seems to have improved my single 3870x2.

Jeff

I agree vt420, i got a few crashes in some games. After some reboots, it seems stable.

I also had that problem in Crysis, and now seems to be solved, along with some shuttering in COD4. Now everything runs very very smooth. :beer:

am i the only one whos getting a performance drop from the 8.2 drivers?

anyone fancy posting some results for the WiC and the CoH built in benches on a single 3870 @820/2400!

i cant remember mine offhand but i think the WiC ave was 25 on high @ 1680/1050!

Back