• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook 2000 & attached .pdf files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I've had several users tell me that they are no longer able to open .pdf in Outlook when they recently were able to. Is there a way to reverse this? Is it due to a windows update? I can't find anything to turn it back on. :bang head

Does Adobe Reader even open when they try to open the *.pdf file? Can they save the attachment to the desktop and open it from there without problems? Have they tried emptying the Outlook attachment cache?...
The one person I remember for sure having this problem is out of the office today, but if I remember right, Adobe Reader would not open at all. Clicking on the file would create a border around the icon graphic. They can save the file to another location and open it from there with no problem. Didn't know outlook had an attachment cache. I'll try it on the next user I can find who is having this problem. Thanks!

Good to know.

Thanks! :)

I've had several users tell me that they are no longer able to open .pdf in Outlook when they recently were able to.
How have the users been able to Was a plug-in for Outlook used?

Microsoft Outlook 2000 does not seem to come with the ability to open in Outlool other files than PST files.

How have the users been able to Was a plug-in for Outlook used?

Microsoft Outlook 2000 does not seem to come with the ability to open in Outlool other files than PST files.

There are only a few people who have been affected so far, and the only one I can remember for sure isn't going to let me play around on his system to test things. But I can tell you that without plugins, we can open .pdf .doc .xls files attched to e-mail just fine.

Back