• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rivatuner overclocking problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lemonade727

Registered
So I had everything running great in Rivatuner 2.07 with my 8800GTS 512 in SLi, both fans going, cards overclocked, etc...and all of a sudden it resets back to default. I can get the fans going but it will not allow me to overclock the cards now. When I click to enable driver-level overclocking the little window pops up with the reboot and detect now options, but clicking on detect now just throws me back into Rivatuner without being able to overclock the cards. Even after using the reboot option the results are the same. I tried re-installing Rivatuner but yet again...same problem. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm kind of depressed losing the clocks :(

try the reset driver settings to default option under the driver settings, if still no go i suggest un installing riva, un installing drivers and cleaning throughly reboot, reinstall drivers, reboot reinstall riva.

i had something like this happen once and i had to reinstall but i forgot about the driver setting defaults

Well I found the solution...and I don't know why it didn't occur to me last night. All I have to say is...I HATE Microsoft and their implementation of forcing digitally signed drivers in Vista. :bang head

I uninstalled all of the windows updates that were put on here and ran the command prompt to turn integrity checks off. Reinstalled Rivatuner and works like a charm again. Needless to say Windows Updates are turned off and are staying off on this computer.

Nevermind...Rivatuner's not working again. The culprit is something to do with the SLi settings. When I overclocked the cards it disabled SLi, so when I turned around to enable SLi again, the same problem occurs where the overclocking options are N/A.

Try system restore & start over.

I somehow got it working. I don't know what pattern of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and rivatuner along with reseating both cards and sli bridge I did...but something worked.

I had the same problem with 8800 gtx sli.
I uninstalled rivatuner and reinstalled and has worked since then.

Back