• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600XT HDCP issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albaholic

Here's my setup

TX-42F430S (42" westinghouse)

AW9D-MAX
E6300
2gb balistix
Sapphire 2600XT
Audio via onboard optical out

So I finally get my LG HD-DVD/Bluray combo drive. I threw in Serenity. PowerDvd tells me "Failed to enable HDCP". So I figure no problem. I made sure my Powerdvvd is up to date and that I have the latest ATI drivers... Still no luck. Okay, It must be that DVI to HDMI cable not passing along the HDCP info. I changed out that cable and used the provided dvi to hdmi adapter along with a brand new hdmi cable.

Cyberlink's HD advisor check tells me my drivers and display are not HDCP compliant. I find the display part hard to believe because my cable tv signal is protected via hdcp and I've never had any problems with that

Help would definitely be appreciated.

Here's my setup

TX-42F430S (42" westinghouse)

AW9D-MAX
E6300
2gb balistix
Sapphire 2600XT
Audio via onboard optical out

So I finally get my LG HD-DVD/Bluray combo drive. I threw in Serenity. PowerDvd tells me "Failed to enable HDCP". So I figure no problem. I made sure my Powerdvvd is up to date and that I have the latest ATI drivers... Still no luck. Okay, It must be that DVI to HDMI cable not passing along the HDCP info. I changed out that cable and used the provided dvi to hdmi adapter along with a brand new hdmi cable.

Cyberlink's HD advisor check tells me my drivers and display are not HDCP compliant. I find the display part hard to believe because my cable tv signal is protected via hdcp and I've never had any problems with that

Help would definitely be appreciated.

First, are you running a image with dvd damon, or Alchool. If so then you must not use power DVD 3.5+! there are two versions of power DVD that are needed 3.3XX upgraded, and power DVD 3.2XX! for some reason, some DVD's play in 3.2 and not in 3.3 and the reverse. 3.5 requires AACS copyright protection, which currently Daemon Tools does not emulate *cry*

So then if you are ACTUALLY using a DISC.. then I would check my drives firmware. Sometimes these are hard to find on OEM versions of Drives, because that NEC you thought you had is actually a SONY Retail... Lite-On is the worst for OEM parts. There is a few sites that can help you out here. Remember a month or 2 ago, they added a layer of "protection" which was broken in like 2 weeks... but required a whole bunch of people to upgrade their BR players and such. CRAP, I CANT BELEIVE SONY ONE... **** YOU SONY!

PowerDVD has been sketchy to say the least, I am preparing for BR, and play a few. But I will wait until they allow me to emulate and store my disks on a HD, before I go and buy my BR disks. Dont get me wrong, it is amazing experiance, but the small fingerprint on the disk has just caused your movie to skip, and cleaning it, seems to produce some oily residue. No thanks.

Also, just a heads up, but I think your sig may exeed the size limitations, I dont care much, but if you list them differently you might get better results... I got to update mine, but I just had my Main computer, and HTPC go down, so I dont know what will end up as a result.

I went BR-DVD, and it presents more issues.... People are burning the entire un-encrypted DVD to their HD's which includes a 6 Giga-byte buffer, and then mounting it with Daemon Tools, and running Slysoft AnyHDDVD. If you are running the real disks, it seems Slysoft works wonders on these bitchy disks.

Sony, you suck ***. Please tell me if I helped

Back