• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG to offer 100 day step up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I love my BFG card, even if they didn't offer the step up I'll stick with them over any other brand!

They overclock pretty nice as well as you can see in my sig!
wee!!!!!

Great to hear this -- More competition == Better products.

I love capitalism.

Step-up is meh, it's usually cost-neutral at best versus reselling and buying a new card at street prices. The concept is nice and I appreciate that eVGA and now (maybe) BFG will offer it but it has little to do with which card I choose. Between eVGA, BFG and XFX I generally would just choose the best price at the moment of purchase :p

Step-up is meh, it's usually cost-neutral at best versus reselling and buying a new card at street prices. The concept is nice and I appreciate that eVGA and now (maybe) BFG will offer it but it has little to do with which card I choose. Between eVGA, BFG and XFX I generally would just choose the best price at the moment of purchase :p

Well maybe XFX will follow suit and offer 110 day step-up. Then you REALLY can't go wrong haha.

Look like my next card might be a BFG.

To step up do you have to order from their site the first time or can you get it from Newegg and then step up on the BFG site?

You can buy from anywhere for the first card but have to buy at the MSRP prices on their site for the step-up. So you get street pricing on the first purchase but then credit for only that street price amount toward the new card and pay the MSRP for the new card. That's why it's not any significant cost advantage to step-up, the higher MSRP cost usually wipes out any loss from reselling and then paying street price again.

I hope xfx does it, they allready have in my oppinin the best cs.

their customer service is pretty top notch, my video card i shipped to them on a RMA arrived and was tested and had results in the same day

this article has kinda turned me off to this site a little:
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6151&Itemid=65

higher numbers dont always mean better but i am pretty sure a 9500 is going to be better than an 8500, and considering i am running 8500's in SLI that i bought at $45 a pop, i am pleased at the performance. my 7900gt got worse scores in 3dmark than these two cards and considering it was $90 and something to play arround with. my 7900 cost me $300 and these 8500's arent done overclocking yet either

and i am sure there'll by a 9400 card which would truly be low end

So if you buy the 8800GT for $200 on Newegg and you were going to step up to the 8800GTS on EVGA.com it would cost an additional $159? It seems like they should give you the amount of credit they are charging.

I love my BFG card, even if they didn't offer the step up I'll stick with them over any other brand!

They overclock pretty nice as well as you can see in my sig!
wee!!!!!

you do realize that all graphics cards using that PCB are made by flextronics so they are all really the same. the only difference is the sticker

Just a FYI about the new BFG waranty...

http://bfgtech.com/warranty.aspx

If you purchased your card on or after Feb 21, 2008 then you need to register within 30 days of the purchase date to activate the limited lifetime warranty, otherwise BFG will only offer a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.

Back