• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brands choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

What should I be better off with, considering these manufacters solely: Hynyx, Samsung, Markvision, Titan? The problem is that I'm not getting full specs of the modules. It is a brands choice.
Memories are SO-DIMM DDR-333 512MB.

I understand there might be issues about quality even of the best manufacters' memories, like what company the modules are sold to etc. But I'm lost and can't refuse the deal.
Thanks for any input!

Yes, it is.

And I could get Patriot memories too. So this is the updated list: Hynyx, Samsung, Markvision, Titan and Patriot.

I don't really expect recommendations to be very well substantiated and guaranteed without any further specs that unfortunately I can't provide. I'm taking recommendations as best bets. Thanks!

Last edited:
Any hints at all? I used to be of much help in cases such as this one, because I was very curious about stuff and their manufacters, and usually read specs and compared them, also studied what the concepts were, even when I had no interest in ever getting any of the stuff. And if someone asked the kind of question I have now, I'd say this or that is sure more trustworthy: it's manufactured some of the best stuff available now and ever.
And I used to know more knowledgeable members who would help even better than I could, based on restricted and imprecise information.
It was a pleasure to help because help wasn't more than valuable hints.

Cheers!

Pretty much all of the memory will be similar. When I looked at the memory that I used to get with my laptops from dell back then and now, even do it is ddr2, it is either hynix or samsung. Timings I don't think will play much role here. IF you adding to existing system, memory will be run at timmings of slowest memory stick. Once I spend lots of money on memory with low latency which I don't think it helped for general use.

Stick to samsung, hynix or patriot.

Back