• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga vs XFX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ibuddha

Ok so i've decided to get an 8800gts g92 yet I dont know which one I really want. I've heard that XFX is a monster card builder and evga is awesome too. Though evga does have that step-up program which is really attractive.

can anyone help me choose between the two?

The same company in china makes all those cards, so don't buy based on that. XFX has a lifetime warranty, and it can transfer to a second person if you sell the card. EVGA has a normal lifetime warranty. Step-up snagged me as far as buying an EVGA card, but what are the chances of something you will want coming out in the next 90 days? In your case, it boils down to if you are going to want a 9800GX2 or GTX. If so, take a chance with EVGA, if not, go with XFX for the better warranty.

I've been buying EVGA since I first build my rig four years ago. Never had an issue with EVGA and their step-up program is an awesome way to upgrade your system if you choose to use it. I had 1 XFX card in my computer's lifetime, and it did die on me, but that's not to say XFX is a bad company. Honestly, either is great, and like Ratbuddy said, if you like the idea of EVGA's step-up program, then deff go w/ EVGA. BTW, I believe both cards have the same type of warantee, but don't w quote me on it.

-Mobious-

EVGA step-up program is only good for 90 days. XFX's double lifetime warranty is good just for that - lifetime, for you and the second owner. If you sell the card just transfer the warranty to the new owner. I've done it, it works.
Honestly you can't go wrong with either, they both make great cards and have equally good warranties.

If there's a chance you might upgrade, then go EVGA, if not, I'd go with XFX. Or just go with whomever has the best price for the performance. You're really splitting hairs at this point.

Ive always used XFX they ahve overclocked better for me then my Evga's, and XFX also lets you replace the HS without voiding the warranty

Evga for sure.... xfx is OK but customer service at EVGA is AMAZING, they couldnt have been more helpfull in the step up process... and all cards that a refrence pcb oc to pretty much the same... + - 5% id say depending on the silicon.

I buy evga becasue it is the cheapest option when I shop around, plus they let you remove heatsink. The thing I like about xfx it is their double liftime warranty

I've been buying EVGA since I first build my rig four years ago. Never had an issue with EVGA and their step-up program is an awesome way to upgrade your system if you choose to use it. I had 1 XFX card in my computer's lifetime, and it did die on me, but that's not to say XFX is a bad company. Honestly, either is great, and like Ratbuddy said, if you like the idea of EVGA's step-up program, then deff go w/ EVGA. BTW, I believe both cards have the same type of warantee, but don't w quote me on it.

-Mobious-

EVGA's warranty only covers the original buyer, whereas XFX's is a double lifetime warranty, so it transfers to someone you sell it to. Both warrant cards with aftermarket heatsinks and both warrant cards that have been overclocked, so like the first poster said, it's a tossup between the step-up program of EVGA and the double lifetime warranty of XFX.

I've owned both and haven't needed to contact either company about their cards, so I can't comment on their customer service. I'd say that if you're not planning to upgrade for a while, get an XFX, because when you resell it, the fact that it's still under warranty is nice. If you are getting a temporary solution, EVGA is the obvious choice.

Back