• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys recommend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th3 F4ll3n P1mp

Disabled
First off, which is better, a headset or speakers. I plan to use them for gaming but also for some movie watching. Second, how much would a headset cost? How much better or worst is it compared to speakers? Does it give the surround sound feel (as in you hear the stuff happening all around you, etc)?

head set is better for gamming and speakers are better for movie. I don't know how much a head set costs, look around.

I prefer surround sound speakers for gaming. Don't game much at all anymore but a couple years ago It was awesome to hear someone shooting behind me from behind me :D A lot of it is considering those you live with. Your parents probably wouldn't appreciate hearing gunshots at 2:00 AM hehe. But someone who lived alone could have loud speakers. I think you will find that high quality head phones are kind of like high quality speakers. The only difference is with head phones, you isolate the sound to yourself and have the risk of hearing damage.

Hearing damage is only caused when you turn up the sound on head phones, if you play with the sound low in a quite room headphones don't need to be load enough to hurt ears.

I use headphones, it helps cause you can hear every footstep, but its also good to have nice speakers for music and movies. But gaming i say headphones

Im decided. Ill get headphones, and keep the old 5.1's that I already have for movies. Any1 know of a good brand that doesnt cost too much and has good sound? And if possible, a mic that is hooked up to the headset.

If i lived in a house and didn't have close neighbors or roommates, I'd get speaker system and turn that **** up! but I live in a condo connected to others and have a roommate, so I need to use headphones... although I really do like it for gaming, they are sennheiser (surprise surprise)

Back