• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this the best out at this time for Me...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YourGreatestMem

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=644038&ShowTab=5

Duno what u need to know about my pc but my Board is: ASUS A8R-MVP

45 GBP is MAX BUDGET

Remember soon i will be upgrading and adding to:
Adding: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ (Socket 939)
Adding 4: Arctic Cooling Arctic Fan 80mm Fan - 4-Pin
Adding/Upgrading: 512MB PNY 8800GT PCI-E
Adding another HD: 320GB Seagate Barracuda 16MB Cache, 8.5 ms

Ok, but does it work with my board... :O

JamesXP if you read this, email me telling me if that one i should go for over the one u found

I can just pay for that one :D

The original PSU you linked will work fine with your board, It has the 24/20 pin plug for your motherboard, IIRC your motherboard has the 24 pin plug, So no problem, As far as power, With the items you have listed as far as your upgrade, The 450 should power it no problem.

The 450W should work perfectly. It has single +12V rail that will supply 33A, thats more than my current 550W. However if you could spare the extra £10 the 550W would leave you with more hard room for future upgrades etc

Cool thanks guys.

All u techy's i love :D

550W doesn't have a tick like below (copy n paste from the 450w one)
EPS 12V:
tick10x10.gif

Will that make a difference? i didnt understand what cultie said about 12v rail...bla bla Lol Straight over my head

Cool thanks guys.

All u techy's i love :D

550W doesn't have a tick like below (copy n paste from the 450w one)
EPS 12V:
tick10x10.gif

Will that make a difference? i didnt understand what cultie said about 12v rail...bla bla Lol Straight over my head

Just saying it can power your vid card ;)

Back