• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P35-DS3L memory and overclock issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XxShadowWolfxX

Registered
So I'm totally new to system building and all, but I thought I at least had some idea of overclocking. However, as it turns out, I have had limited success. Here is a list of my specs:

DS3L
G.Skill 800mhz 2GB
Intel Pentium E2160 1.8Ghz
AC Freezer 7 Pro

So, the main issue I'm seeing has to do with the proc and memory. For one thing, I've read many people can push this proc to 3Ghz without voltage changes. I can't even get it to post at 300x9 (2.7Ghz)!

The highest I've been able to take it is up to 250x9 (2.25Ghz). This is stable during Prime95 for at least 1 hour. I didn't really want to push it farther than that though.

In CPU-Z, it shows my memory is PC6400, but only 400Mhz. I have no idea why, or how to fix this, but I assume this is causing a problem? If anyone has any settings I can try, please post them up. So far, this Gigabyte board has not been what I had expected for OC capability. Thanks!

-Travis

CPU-Z is reading your SPD timings, click the RAM tab to get the actual speed, times it by 2 to get the rated DDR2 speed.

Make sure the memory multiplier is 2 too.

Alright, I'm not with my computer right now, but I will be later tonight. I also have one more question...

In CPU-Z, it tells me that the FSB : DRAM ratio is at 1:2, and I changed some settings in BIOS and it says 2:3 now. How do I get it to be 1:1? There is no setting in BIOS to let me change this... even when hitting Ctrl+F1

Last edited:
There should be something called ''system memory multiplier" change that from auto to desired, right underneath it shows memory frequency.

Alright I think I've got the memory stuff rolling smooth now, but still can't get it to post at 3.0Ghz. I guess I'll just keep trying until it does though. Everyone seems to have pretty good success with the E2160, that's why I bought it. Hopefully I will too.. Thanks everyone!

Back