• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis startup splash screens not showing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTFouts

I finally took the plunge and installed Vista 64 ultimate. I have not installed any service pack yet. I have Directx 10 and not 10.1, I dont know if you can even get that yet. After getting it all installed and updated, drivers and everything, I loaded crysis and both the 1.1 and 1.2 patches, rebooted and fired it up. It started perfectly and ran fine, but what I didn't realize at first was it was running in DX9 mode. After I discovered that and clicked on DX10 mode, it started doing bad things, but only during startup, not game play.

In DX10 mode, all the startup splash screens will not display. They are playing cause you hear all the sound just fine, but all you see is the top 1/8 of the screen and its all corrupted video-wise. All the different splash screens do the same thing until you get to the Main Menu, then it works fine. The game also works fine. It's just kind of annoying and makes me think something is not right or I havent dloaded something I need. Like I said, game works perfect once you get to the main menu, but video is totally corrupted until then.

Just curious if others have seen this and know of a fix. I am currently using my Sig system. Gameplay is running perfect in 2560x1600 with all settings on MED.

Back