• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good program for downloading a website?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

I want to download the wrath of the lich king WOW site. So i can change a few things and use it as a wallpaper. I currently use the website as a wallpaper. But i want to customize it a bit more. Not for web use for my own wallpaper.

Just looking for a recommended program to download the site with.

Thx.

hmmm don't work right i don't think. I've tried programs in the past to get sites and had them not get everything. For whatever reason i'm not getting all the stuff. thx tho.
www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath

Last edited:
wget, and i think FreeDownloadManager has a "mirror" mode, but i can't remember fully one way or the other.

hmmm any other suggestions? is there some reason why i can't get the site? or at least all of it?

did you try wget?

edit: also, you could just take screenshots of the pages you want, so you don't have to sit there and wait to download the website.

i was gonna try wget. But when u go to there ftps theres like ten million files wasn't sure what to get?

I would screen shot it but if u look www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath the lich king is breathing and theres all that movement. I want that. lol right now i'm linked to the page as a desktop back ground. But i want to get a copy of the site so i can change the links and stuff to use with my desktop and stuff.

maybe im just a noob lol about the wget thing. when i get home today i'll give it another go. Just curious if there is anything that could be stopping me from downloading that stuff. Like anything on there side that prevents that?

Back