• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My slots do no match up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v0va

Registered
what am i doing wrong??

the io panel fits just fine thought

by the way its cm690 with ds3l mobo

image320fk7.jpg

You know that the slots do not look like they line up. In fact the cards PCI socket, have a slight offset compared to the case slots.

The PCI slots will look a little lower than the case openings for the cards. About even with the bottom of the case opening versus the actual PCI slot.

Have you tried to install any cards yet?

Could you try and insert the card as best you can and snap a pic of it? Since we all use (mostly) ATX standard. It should just work if the I/O plate lines up. It would be much easier than trying to explain.

If I was to go by the picture alone./ I would say you need to drop down one case slot and use 2&3 instead of the very top case slot.

This is the back view if your looking directly at it, it seems that its off less than half an inch

image321cs9.jpg

this is my io panel just for reference

image322dy2.jpg

I am sorry.. That image does not help at all.

Please try and sit the card in the PCI-e slot so I can see how it looks. Then we can go from there. If you need. I can take an image and post it to show you.

Do not worry if you feel silly. Once you get this squared away. You will know how to avoid this. We all learn at some point. Even if it is beyond our fault. Like a crappy case or whatnot.

I think you might be doing a new builder mistake. I just want to make sure first.

You have seven slots on your motherboard. You have 7 slots on your case. As the PCIE slot is the second slot, you'll be using the second (and third if it's a dual-slot card) slot(s) for your video card, not the first (and second).

got it figured out guys, that you very much, i just took a break for five minutes to relax, came back and it worked! i have no idea what i was doing, just got the computer to boot up for the first time and it worked like a charm, just popped the vista cd in and its going!

a side question: did i need to mess with anything in the bios before i installed vista?

Back