• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You can't be serious.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Same

My motherboard (Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L) does not come with a RAID controller. Okay, fair enough, its a good mobo and was only $90. I want to add a second WD SE16 AAKS 320GB and run them in RAID 0. I stroll over to newegg, only to find all RAID controllers are over $100.... wtf? Ive never used RAID before so I don't have experience with it. But please tell me I'm looking in the wrong place...

All I'll contribute is to say that by going cheap on an off-board raid controller you're going to have problems. Maybe not right away but you WILL have problems.

Well what mobo do you guys recommend then, the DS3L had great reviews and it seemed like alot of people loved it, thats why I got it.

Hmm I think I will have to wait before getting a different mobo, cause I dont have enough cash atm.

well if you have $130 for a hard drive you can get a p5k-e for $140 shipped with ICH9R southbridge with intel matrix raid, then sell the mobo you have... and save a few more bux then get the drive...

well if you have $130 for a hard drive you can get a p5k-e for $140 shipped with ICH9R southbridge with intel matrix raid, then sell the mobo you have... and save a few more bux then get the drive...

yeah, but what is a good way to sell my mobo? ebay or what lol

We have classifieds here.........:).

True but isnt it only people with 100+ posts that can see it? Plus in these classifieds I am typically seeing really good deals, and i kinda wanna max out my profit from this as im short on cash lol.

Wait we can actually sell things here? give me the link plz? lol i want to sell my pc parts..

It looks like you have four SATA ports on that board. So why don't you set up software RAID? The board does not have to support RAID for you to use those ports in RAID.

your joking right $90 and your board has no raid? i have bought cheaper boards that have raid.

dude i think you screwed your self

It looks like you have four SATA ports on that board. So why don't you set up software RAID? The board does not have to support RAID for you to use those ports in RAID.

Software RAID hmm. Is that just as effective and fast? Won't I need to be in my OS before it starts working?

Back