• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 3870 Water Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreenJelly

Requirements (3870)
A) inexpensive
B) easy to install, not going to break the thing.

I dont need the best, just something that will work. Ive had issues with these water cooling in the past, and I just dont like it. Most blocks have to touch the ram chips and the GPU chip. You can measure the GPU temp, but you have no way of knowing if the Memory is properly cooled. Also, allot of these blocks are SO heavy. I am just tired with the problems.

I had a Danger Den Tee, but the blocks for the ATI 3870 are more money then the ATI card.

Any suggestions on Air cooling. Tubes suck, and wow do the ATI heat up the water.

Requirements (3870)
A) inexpensive
B) easy to install, not going to break the thing.

I dont need the best, just something that will work. Ive had issues with these water cooling in the past, and I just dont like it. Most blocks have to touch the ram chips and the GPU chip. You can measure the GPU temp, but you have no way of knowing if the Memory is properly cooled. Also, allot of these blocks are SO heavy. I am just tired with the problems.

I had a Danger Den Tee, but the blocks for the ATI 3870 are more money then the ATI card.

Any suggestions on Air cooling. Tubes suck, and wow do the ATI heat up the water.

Swiftech MCW60 might work

it says it will work with the 3800 series, so I am pretty confident about it. I love the spring design swift tech uses to secure it. makes it very hard to crack anything, however is passive cooling on the memory good enough? I have GREAT ventilation, I just dont know how hot these things get.

it says it will work with the 3800 series, so I am pretty confident about it. I love the spring design swift tech uses to secure it. makes it very hard to crack anything, however is passive cooling on the memory good enough? I have GREAT ventilation, I just dont know how hot these things get.

Point an IR thermometer at the memory and get some numbers to verify. In my experience, the VRM gets hotter than the memory but less than the GPU.

Back