• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Trio-TP3 650W PSU - $63.99 - BB B&M Clearance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I always look for single-rail PSUs. Sounds as if BossBorot may think this is a bad thing?

I've done a bit of research on it, and it is recommended by several places and manufacturers... in fact, I recently read the PCP&C is going back to all single-rail PSUs I believe.

<edit> Sorry, he was correcting NewEgg, which has it listed as 3 12V rails... I needa go check up on this and make sure it's a single-rail. I may just go to BB and pick one up!

Well, Antec's website specifically lists it as 3 rails... and it's part of a three-rail product line... so I'd guess it's really 3 rails. Too bad. :(

no its one rail with something like 50A there are three fake rails which all terminate to the same place and any rail can independently be loaded way past its listed specs. I bought a few of the 430watt versions for $40, which has 30A on the 12volt rail, from frys a few weeks back due this. Again read the jonny guru review if you dont believe me. Also all the cables are now sleved not just the 24pin.

hmm it says 4 sata connectors. how many sata connectors do most high end PSUs come with?

I've been running one of these now for a year and it is rock solid PSU. The rails are right on the money both idle and at load.

I'm thinking of it... just concerned as JonnyGuru popped two of 'em in his serious stress-testing. :( I know it's extreme conditions, though....

We'll see...

My local BB is selling this PSU for full retail.

However,I did score a Trio 430 for $30 today.:D

Back