• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6700 i need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th3 F4ll3n P1mp

Disabled
I have a Q6700 and i am curious to know what kind of oc to expect, and how hard it was to get there. I am getting a water cooler in a cpu only loop. I am thinking of getting the swiftech h20-220.

I have mine running at 3.28 @1.39 vcore on the IP35-e at around 1.37v on load.

With the coolermaster hyper TX2 I get around 49c load.

I highly suspect I could get it alot higher than this or at the very least use lower voltages at this speed, but for some reason I can't get it stable at 330mhz or higher. If you find something out let me know :)

Anyways, I've seen numbers as high as 3.7 -3.8 on air on some sites. Don't know about water unfortunately.

You would have a much better chance at hitting 4Ghz with a dual core processor. 3.5Ghz would be an excellent result, even with water.

My E6700 will do 3.33Ghz 24/7 with high end air at 55c. 3.5Ghz for several hours under load, but starts to hit the upper 60's C. after hour 5 or so.

But it may not be the temps that limit you. Which Mobo you choose is a huge factor. So is RAM. DDR800 is running at 875mhz at 1:1 ratio at 3.5Ghz. You better have some smokin' RAM if you even attempt to approach 4Ghz. And RAM is the most likely fail-point for high overclocks.

Good Luck. :) Be cautious; you don't want your Old Man sayin' "I told you so" next to your LITERALLY smokin' machine. ;)

I chose the 780i of doom for a motherboard, and i have 4 gigs of crucial ballistix tracers ddr2 800 of ram, i hdard that those get 900 mhz stable 24/7 easy.

Those should hit 1000mhz easy >.>

I'd expect 3.6 out of the processor since that is what some people can get on air ;)

Back