• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who made your PSU? [Answers inside!]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
This compiled list can be found at Guru 3D Forums

Member comments
Code:
 According to Spectre :
[I]"I guess I should add that Fortrex/ForePoint/Focus/Jing Hua Co., Ltd 
are all part of SuperFlower *cough*which has a silent partner*cough*.

And  Dongguan Yuelin Computer Technology Co., Ltd.'s website is [URL="http://www.90068.com.cn/"]www.90068.com.cn[/URL]
"[/I] 
[URL]http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5512330&postcount=11[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
VX550W ~41A. just ordered it thursday morning and getting it friday :) hope it runs fine with my new 8800gt msi 512m with that beautiful cooler and heat pipes :D

Ultra listing has some errors.

The X-Connect units with part numbers starting with "31" are Youngyear. Starting with "33" are Wintech.

Under "X-Finity" it says they're all Wintech but the 2G. That is incorrect. The 2G is still a Wintech.

Also, Corsair VX450 is listed as a CWT. This is wrong. It's a Seasonic.

Raptoxx has some issues. The Sirtec listing is correct, but I can't confirm the other models are made by CWT. MOST of their models, certainly ALL of the non-PFC models, are actually made by Wintech.

Aerocool has some units listed as "Unknown." These are ALL Andyson.

Speeze and Spire are the same thing. They're OEM is Topower.

The "Unknown" Crown and Titan under LC Power are Huntkey.

The "Unknown" bGears is Andyson.

I'll give you a head start on some up coming BFG models and their OEM's (better the info come from me than someone else and be wrong....)

ES-800 is OEM Andyson
LS-550 and LS-680 are Fore Point
GS-650 is Topower
GS-550 is Huntkey

Ultra listing has some errors.

The X-Connect units with part numbers starting with "31" are Youngyear. Starting with "33" are Wintech.

Under "X-Finity" it says they're all Wintech but the 2G. That is incorrect. The 2G is still a Wintech.

Also, Corsair VX450 is listed as a CWT. This is wrong. It's a Seasonic.

Raptoxx has some issues. The Sirtec listing is correct, but I can't confirm the other models are made by CWT. MOST of their models, certainly ALL of the non-PFC models, are actually made by Wintech.

Aerocool has some units listed as "Unknown." These are ALL Andyson.

Speeze and Spire are the same thing. They're OEM is Topower.

The "Unknown" Crown and Titan under LC Power are Huntkey.

The "Unknown" bGears is Andyson.

I'll give you a head start on some up coming BFG models and their OEM's (better the info come from me than someone else and be wrong....)

ES-800 is OEM Andyson
LS-550 and LS-680 are Fore Point
GS-650 is Topower
GS-550 is Huntkey

Showoff!

Hehe just joking - you really know your stuff...

:D :beer:

Also, just noticed some Ultra V-Series listed as Youngyear. That's incorrect. V-Series were never made by Youngyear. They're Wintech if they're sold retail or Yue-Lin if bundled with a chassis.

Also, under Thermaltake, the "unknown" GPU power, fanless, semi-fanless, etc. are all Sirtec OEM.

The Startech's and Mutantmod's are also listed as "unknown". Those are ATNG.

I guess I should add that Fortrex/ForePoint/Focus/Jing Hua Co., Ltd are all part of SuperFlower *cough*which has a silent partner*cough*.

And Dongguan Yuelin Computer Technology Co., Ltd.'s website is www.90068.com.cn

Looks like jon grabbed a bunch of the other ones. I'll look at it more later.

I like how you formatted your edits. Are you going to do that for the whole list? Much easier to read.

Used with permission from the original compiler, Jason Yiu Shun.

Jason@Yiu_Shun

http://www.xanga.com/Jason_Yiu_Shun

erm I have no idea who Jason Yiu Shun is but that list is my work and nobody has ever asked me for permission to use it. It's been a sticky here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2040825#post2040825

for well over a year and I added the OEM information (right and wrong) a couple of months ago. I update the list regularly and I also certainly accept any additions and corrections.

well my list is currently quite a bit more accurate (and numerous additions too) than it was when this person copied it over 2 months ago...but I'm sure there are still some corrections.

btw my info on those Raptoxx being CWT comes from here:

http://www.matbe.com/articles/lire/342/comparatif-de-105-alimentations/page82.php

I appreciate the corrections you've mentioned here...I'd appreciate it more if you posted them at the appropriate site. Regarding you saying the TT Semi-fanless 520 is Sirtec I have it as CWT based on the similarities in the internal layout between it and the Antec Phantom as shown here:

http://www.fcenter.ru/online.shtml?articles/hardware/tower/19420#03

and here:

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cach...ke+520W+W0107+review&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

That's a different Raptoxx than what I've seen. The ones I've seen recently have had that Raptoxx center cap on the fan grill and those have been made by Wintech.

The one at matbe is CWT, but definitely an old CWT.

As for the "fanless" Thermaltakes: They may have switched OEM's because the ones I've seen are the same as the Sirtec fanless. I've not seen a TT fanless like the one in your second link, but that does certainly seem to be a CWT unit.

What's funny is that I've even posted in your thread at Guru3D and it didn't even dawn on me that this was the same list (shows how scatter brained I am). I don't visit Guru3D as much as I'd like to because, and this isn't a jab at you, it's so freaking disorganized it's not even funny. General Hardware covers too many things. There's HDD questions, RAM questions AND PSU questions. And with half the people posting threads with titles like "help me please!" it's just too much work to head over and be helpful. :(

Someone needs to clean up over there. Split up the forums and do some moderating like changing thread titles from "help me please!" to "help me with the hard drive question please!"

yeah I figured that you were talking about different Raptoxx models then the few that I listed. Thanks for the info about there being a possible OEM switch in the TT semi-fanless models...I'll see if I can sort that out when I have time.

I gathered that you didn't recognize the list, no reason for me to expect that you should. I agree that guru3d should have a PSU specific section and like you said if the poster didn't manage to indicate in the title that it's a PSU related question then I'm not likely to read it. It's essentially a graphics card forum and it was the increase in GPU consumption that prompted the thread. I only meant that I'd like to see any additions corrections etc. posted in the sticky thread there because well you know this is my own personal labor of love and contribution to the PSU aficionados of the world and I want it to be as accurate and useful as I can but I don't have the time to maintain the list at more than one site. I've seen my list copied and pasted into other forums before and then seen people raise objections to some of it...sometimes rightly and sometimes wrongly...and I'd like to keep all of that centralized in one location for obvious reasons. This is the first time I've seen somebody else take credit for my work though and I gotta wonder just how well this forum is moderated and kept clean too.

Back