• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob in danger need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hktosh

Hey i have a
Q6600 with a MSI P35 NEO2 FR. 2 Gigs of Corsair XMS2.

Iwas lookin at OCing my processor to 3.0 0r higher. how far can i OC with Air cooling (after market air cooling not stock) and do i have to change any volts to the CPU? sorry if all those questions seem to braud or dumb but any reply woul be helpful.

Look under Intel in the CPU"s section, they have stickied threads at the top that will give you all the information you need.

The reason people aren't jumping to answer your question is that all the info is already laid out for you, and you just have to read it. The stickies were put up to handle commonly asked questions, and your questions are very common.

Feel free to ask more specific questions once you have read the stickies. In general, you raise the voltage to add stability. But when you add voltage you add heat and your processor is only rated for certain temp ranges. So you try to get the max. clock per voltage while maintaining stability.
Make sure you read this one, http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316. And you can google for other guides as well. I found that multiple sources helps. Good luck and welcome to the site, it's a good place. :)

Back