• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One last ditch effort for my X2 3600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

It has been running at 2.9GHz for almost a year now (10 +1/2 months to be exact) and its NEVER wanted to get stable at 3GHz.

What type of voltages can this baby take?

I've done up to 1.45v on her and Core1 won't get stable.

I am running under the 120 Extreme and its 45c full load at 2.9GHz.

I won't be keeping her much longer, so I'm not worried about lifespan. Just want a last ditch effort to get some performance. (Rid of my 8800GT bottleneck!!!)

Wow. Since I moved my computer into the new CM-690 case I never checked temperatures and DANG this 3600+ @ 2.9GHz 1.4v is 25c IDLE! :drool: Its hitting 43c full load same as before though.

Doing my pre-benches right now. 15min Ortho runs til instability then I'll just keep crankin the volts til it gets stable.

I'm feeling a suicide 1.65v tonight for 3GHz stable :D
43c full load is giving me enough headroom. I'll crank my fan speeds up when I get up to 1.5v too. Everything in my case is running at ~600rpm lol.

CPU's are pretty resilient. I've only had one CPU screw up due to too much vcore and that was my Duron 900 as I had it at 2.1v on air lol.

lol! 2.1v? Thats amazing! Yea, I'm pretty frustrated with my opty 1212. Won't seem to pass 3.0GHz. I've been thinking of taking it to 1.55 or so but it has to last me a little while yet.

what kind of a core is a 3600+?

i have had my 5200+ to 1.8v with out any issues other than it wouldnt boot at the clock i wanted it to, i figured if its not gonna boot then then it just aint gonna

Its a 65nm Brisbane G1, I wouldn't go past 1.6 personally. I've actually found that above 1.55 or so stability got worse and this was with extremely good temps (winter with window open).

Alright. Left it orthos'n to make sure it was error free at the current 2.9GHz and its 2hrs 20min stable. Good enough for the starting point.

It's cranking time :)

awwww man. Orthos stable 9hours at 2944MHz and as soon as I loaded Paint.Net while Orthos was running...BSOD.

:( :(

Would that have been CPU or RAM???

your running 667Mhz ram at 960 Mhz according to your sig.....
i'ma gonna go out on a limb here and say its your ram, try a lower divider

your running 667Mhz ram at 960 Mhz according to your sig.....
i'ma gonna go out on a limb here and say its your ram, try a lower divider

That's the problem though. When I run the 533MHz divider, the RAM runs 4-4-4-12 which makes it unstable at that!!

The BIOS in my tf7050 for the RAM is very confusing and adjustments just seem to crash the overclock and it reverts back.

EDIT: Here's the Screenshot. Maybe you can tell me what I need to set what to:
bios_2.jpg

Last edited:
I think trfc for that RAM should be 75 for 2x512M, ~105 for 2x1G and ~127 for 2x2G

That did it!!
SWEET!

What is the most stressful tests I can do to ensure the system is stable?
Orthos or any new ones recently? I haven't been keeping up.

BTW my RAM can hit 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 stable :D I got some insane ProMOS chips huh!

that 3600+ i put the volts to mine and it does not like the high ones. i found over (1.55 I think) it would blue screen even at lower FSB. good luck

I never thought I'd see the day!!!! 1.4v :)
1mbPI_3ghz.jpg

Oh this is going to be FUN tonight :D

Bear in mind that SuperPI should be faster once I crank my RAM up as its running slow right now.

EDIT: ***************
2997MHz:
1.375v = 2min Orthos fail
1.4v = 3min 20sec Orthos fail
....Guess I just gotta keep cranking til she pulls through!
EDIT2:
1.45v = 4min 18sec Orthos fail (got to Test 2 this time)
Come on baby!!!

Last edited:
orthos_3ghz_2008.jpg

What do you guys think?

Have I hit a wall? Should I keep increasing the volts?

Personally I've done up to 1.85v on 90nm AMD stuff. I'd say 1.8 would probably be tops for a 65nm chip but who knows ;).

Back