• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what bottom end c2d should i get for under 100 bucks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

what bottom end c2d should i get for under 100 bucks? gonna over clock it on water. dont know much about the bottom end stuff. i was thinking a e1200, e2140, e2160, e2180, e2200

Yea see if you can stretch your budget to include the e4*00 series if your going to be doing cpu intensive (games, encoding, etc). I remember checking the e21*0 reviews and they got very similar performance to the AMD X2 3800 series at the time. If you're overclocking for hell of it, then I suggest whatever has the highest multiplier. Tiger Direct has the e2180 for $60 after rebates, although I don't know how good their rebates system is now (used to be really bad but they've been getting recommended for a lot of hot deals lately).

e2180 has a high enough multi to max it out on any P965 or newer mobo, I wouldn't bother spending more on on a higher multiplier unless you feel like it or the difference doesn't matter to you.

ok right on. im going to OC the crap out of it and i would hate for it to be bout like a am2 3800+. so i think i will keep my eyes open for a 2180.
thanks

The 21*0's are just as OC'able as any conroe
The average oc for the 2180 is 3.7 (2.0 stock), although pple have hit almost 5.0 on phase change :)
Also the 2180 was 60$ after MIR on tiger direct a few days ago, but it wasnt there when I tried looking for it today.
btw, all these stats are pulled from hwbot.org

Back