• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another program to read IP35 pro PWM temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=ACID RAIN=

Stupid uguru is retarded. It crashes every time it opens, even on a fresh install.

Is there another program that will read the PWM sensor? I have MBM5 running to read my CPU cores but I can't get it to find the PWM sensor. Thanks folks :)

Nevermind, just answered it with a search :)

Everest is what you want, if someone else searches and finds this thread.

I wonder if I can get that PWM temp into MBM5 though....

That's not a topic for discussion on this site, and will get you banned super fast :)

If you want free, you get some sensors. If you want all the sensors, you pay. For me the trial version is fine, because it gives me everything I was looking for :)

What are good PWM temps? Mine idle around 40c but I've seen them up around 65c-70c after some stress testing. Is that too high?

What are good PWM temps? Mine idle around 40c but I've seen them up around 65c-70c after some stress testing. Is that too high?

Wow, that's high. Mine never exceeded 52c under load with an Abit IP35 Pro, but I added a 120 MM fan blowing across the PWM area and now my load temps never exceed 45c.

Wow, that's high. Mine never exceeded 52c under load with an Abit IP35 Pro, but I added a 120 MM fan blowing across the PWM area and now my load temps never exceed 45c.
Ah I was looking at putting in a 120mm door fan but it wont clear my processor's heat sink unless I get a tool out and lop part of a corner off lol. I think I'm gonna try it though because I don't like seeing temps that high.

Ah I was looking at putting in a 120mm door fan but it wont clear my processor's heat sink unless I get a tool out and lop part of a corner off lol. I think I'm gonna try it though because I don't like seeing temps that high.

Well, I would bet that some of your temps are coming from your quad core power demands. I'm using an E8400 dual core so my CPU isn't as demanding on the PWM as your CPU is. I'm sure you'll want to add some extra cooling in that area. While I doubt even 70c is going to hurt anything, I would feel more comfortable with temps around 50c or less, at least for long term use.

Nevermind, just answered it with a search :)

Everest is what you want, if someone else searches and finds this thread.

I wonder if I can get that PWM temp into MBM5 though....

Everest Ultimate is the way to go. You'll certainly be happy with that program. I use mine all the time.

That's not a topic for discussion on this site, and will get you banned super fast :)

If you want free, you get some sensors. If you want all the sensors, you pay. For me the trial version is fine, because it gives me everything I was looking for :)

I wasn't asking for it illegally, many 3rd party software companies have a basic free version and a 'ultimate' version for money.

I'm sorry if you thought I was asking for something illegal.

I wasn't asking for it illegally, many 3rd party software companies have a basic free version and a 'ultimate' version for money.

I'm sorry if you thought I was asking for something illegal.

By saying "any way to get a full free version?" implied piracy and I'm sure ACID RAIN assumed that's what you meant also. As with almost all programs that aren't freeware, you're going to have to pay for the full version unless you're pirating which is why he said "that's not a topic for discussion on this site."

Last edited:
Well, I would bet that some of your temps are coming from your quad core power demands. I'm using an E8400 dual core so my CPU isn't as demanding on the PWM as your CPU is. I'm sure you'll want to add some extra cooling in that area. While I doubt even 70c is going to hurt anything, I would feel more comfortable with temps around 50c or less, at least for long term use.

Makes sense. Do you have any idea of the upper limit on temps that I should watch for? Also, is there anything built into the motherboard to throttle if things get too hot like there is on CPU's/GPU's?

No sweat man, I just wanted to cover that base before someone said OMG HES ASKING ABOUT WAREZ!!11 and reported you to try to make themselves look good.

Everest used to have a free version, but they dropped it in favor of the trialware. I still have it somewhere, but it doesn't read everything as well as the new versions do.

Makes sense. Do you have any idea of the upper limit on temps that I should watch for? Also, is there anything built into the motherboard to throttle if things get too hot like there is on CPU's/GPU's?

There's no throttling on PWM temps, only CPU and GPU. As I said before, I'm sure 70c is safe, but it's just hotter than I would prefer, especially if it's an easy fix.

No sweat man, I just wanted to cover that base before someone said OMG HES ASKING ABOUT WAREZ!!11 and reported you to try to make themselves look good.

Everest used to have a free version, but they dropped it in favor of the trialware. I still have it somewhere, but it doesn't read everything as well as the new versions do.

This was about the last free version of Everest made, but it's WAY out of date for most modern hardware.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

It still works for some functions but many are not working properly on new hardware because it's doesn't recognize it properly. As you stated, Everest is now trialware so you have to pay for the full version.

Back