• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please take a look...ASAP if possible.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

I took the 2 G.Skills out of a different box to put in the rig in my sig...Only problem is the heat sink is ever so slightly touching the module...My better judgement tells me to take it out.

What do you guys think ???

Picture002.jpg

:bang head

I think this will transfer lots of heat to the modules but If I were you I'd try.

are you worried about heat transfer or that your ram is going to get tossed around ?

Also, What other choice do you have? You could try to find 1 stick of ram of the same capacity and timings w/ an open top heatsink, but even then it may still touch or come very close to your heatsink.

I'd just go with it! Atleast for a while and see how it goes =D

Take the heatsink out, bend that pipe a little with some vice grips. Problem solved.

edit: Better yet, put the base in a vice, with wood on both sides to keep it from getting damaged, and grab it and bend the whole top half forward and up. Don't know what tools you have, but I have a vice in the garage if you need to use it.

Back