• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ughh stuck on checking NVRAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quadcore86

Mobo: ASUS P5E-VM

If I disable the onboard high definition audio controller (I already have an XFI)...I get a screen that says Checking NVRAM and it seems to be stuck. It will only go past this screen (and it goes instantly) if I enable the onboard high definition audio controller in the bios.

What gives? I want to leave it disabled...

hmmm, perhaps it's trying to find the controller and it's not seeing it since it's disabled and thats messing things up. Try going into windows and removing it and using a driver cleaning program to remove all traces, reboot with it disabled and see if that works.

hmmm, perhaps it's trying to find the controller and it's not seeing it since it's disabled and thats messing things up. Try going into windows and removing it and using a driver cleaning program to remove all traces, reboot with it disabled and see if that works.
The NVRam section is about 5 seconds before it even touches the boot drive ;)

No No, this is before I even install windows. I like to have an optimized BIOS so I disabled useless crap like Serial ports, firewire ports etc. I disabled the Audio controller because I'm using the XFI, everytime I disable it....it gets stuck on checking NVRam...and I have isolated it to that option.

I checked online and a few others are having the same problem (all of them are using XFI). Everytime you disable the onboard audio in the BIOS, it gets stuck booting. At this point, I blame Creative for designing a *Q^&@&^*@&#*@&*&@#y^@^@*. I've had numerous problems with the XFI including their crappy drivers. It amazes me that "XFI" is still considered top of the line. I'm pretty sure they did some "cheap" workaround on the features that makes it incompatible with certain mobos.

Back