• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost Oddyssey, Anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am on the second disk, and I think its one of the best RPGs ive played. If you dont mind a little dry dialogue, I put it in the same rank as Shadow Hearts.

2 Disks? Hmm Cool.

I know when I had my PS2 I liked Final Fantisy is it similar to this? I've been thinking of getting it as well but I might wait since I really want GTA IV.

2 Disks? Hmm Cool.

I know when I had my PS2 I liked Final Fantisy is it similar to this? I've been thinking of getting it as well but I might wait since I really want GTA IV.

It's actually 4 discs is this game the graphics are nice my friend plays it to death the leveling up system is like FF7 with SP points after battle. And if you have played FF9 where accessories and swords etc learn you new magic and moves then you've be familar with the system.

It's actually 4 discs is this game the graphics are nice my friend plays it to death the leveling up system is like FF7 with SP points after battle. And if you have played FF9 where accessories and swords etc learn you new magic and moves then you've be familar with the system.

Ya, I said I was on the second, there are 4.

Ahh cool. Never played 7. What ever one was released for PS2 think it was FFX

Ahh cool. Never played 7. What ever one was released for PS2 think it was FFX

Jesus... You've only played one Final Fantasy game in your whole life? You're showing your age :p

There was Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XI (which was an MMORPG and required the ill-fated PS2 hard drive), Final Fantasy X-2, and Final Fantasy XII.

Well don't have a PS2 or PS3, so don't need to worry about playing any of the older FF's. Unless its comes out for the PSP. Well as well really didn't have a console til I was in College so thats games where old by then. And sold it before FFXI came out.

Well don't have a PS2 or PS3, so don't need to worry about playing any of the older FF's. Unless its comes out for the PSP. Well as well really didn't have a console til I was in College so thats games where old by then. And sold it before FFXI came out.

Didn't have a console until you were in college? What are you Amish or something? And how did you live all those years without electricity? Do the Quakers have bubble bath? The answer to this and many more will be answered in Deathman's autobiography "Off a Dead Man's Chest." :beer:

Didn't have a console until you were in college? What are you Amish or something? And how did you live all those years without electricity? Do the Quakers have bubble bath? The answer to this and many more will be answered in Deathman's autobiography "Off a Dead Man's Chest." :beer:

PC man PC.... Consoles where OK back then but not really anyone in my area had any Consoles, yes I had N64 and Atari, but not really talking about those. I was a highly a PC man.... Strictly a PC man that is.

Well since then I had a PS2, Xbox, PSP, and X360...

PC man PC.... Consoles where OK back then but not really anyone in my area had any Consoles, yes I had N64 and Atari, but not really talking about those. I was a highly a PC man.... Strictly a PC man that is.

Well since then I had a PS2, Xbox, PSP, and X360...

Alright... so you're 25. I would've guessed 16 seeing as the first console you mentioned was the N64... but you were around at LEAST for the SNES era.

I think I or someone in my family has been around for all the iterations. But you did happen to be around for a particularly good period in PC gaming (the whole Doom, Quake, etc era...)

Alright... so you're 25. I would've guessed 16 seeing as the first console you mentioned was the N64... but you were around at LEAST for the SNES era.

I think I or someone in my family has been around for all the iterations. But you did happen to be around for a particularly good period in PC gaming (the whole Doom, Quake, etc era...)

I had friends that had NES, one that had SNES. Really though, like I said PC man after growing up on the PC and playing lots of games with my Dad on the PC (Doom, C&C, Flight Sims, Quake, AoE, TA)

I mean I remember using Windows 3.1 or earlier I forgot. I used 5 1/2 floppies for sure. Back in the good old days of DOS :) Heck I know last year I ran across the first video card I ever owned for my PC. Like 2Meg of Video ram with expansion slot for 2Meg more. Ahh the good old days hehe.

Dad was a PC man, he built his first PC, and thats where I came in playing :) Actually its funny I just ran across some paper work from waay back in Pre-School, that I needed more help with Computer Software, Hardware, Disks, etc HAHAHA, man thats soo funny.

Anyways back on topic... Might actually consider nabbing this here if I get some spare moola.

yeah, it feels alot more like FF9's system than FF7's. But its more refined, and less annoying than FF9's skill system ( which i hated ).

though, i'm one of those few people that can't stand FF9. i didn't like the story one bit. Didn't like the Characters ( except for Vivi ), didn't care for the setting...bleh. I'm one of those people who LOVES FF8 instead. I still don't understand the FF8 bashing...i honestly don't get it. meh, not going to turn this into a FF8 vs. FF9 thread...

But yeah, I'm on disc 2 of lost Odyssey as well. I'm not as far into it as i'd like, simply because i started playing Eve-Online again. So thats sucking up ALL my free time now. But i'm liking the game the farther i get into it. At first, i couldn't stand the main character. God, he was worse than Squall in FF8 when it comes to "not caring" and stuff. But like squall, this main character grows on you pretty fast too.

i also like the game, because the difficulty of it is higher than most traditional RPG's that we get in america. in Final Fantasy games, bosses arn't insanely strong, you don't usually have to worry about the general monsters kicking your butt ( as long as you have a decent understanding of RPG elements. aka: LEVELING UP ). But this game's difficulty is a bit higher. makes it more of a challenge. Which is a nice refreshment after breezing through so many other RPG's in the past.

Not saying the game is overly difficult. Just that they raised the bar a bit. Which i think alot of RPG fans will like. ( yeah, we may get annoying once in a while during a boss fight..but you end up enjoying the challenge ).

Its not that its difficult, but they kinda limit you to your level. You can level up very easily, but only so much before you gain next to no exp at all and would take hours upon hours of leveling. I think the bird boss (second one) I had to win based on the moves he made. It gets better though.

though, i'm one of those few people that can't stand FF9.

And I thought I was by myself on that one I couldn't stand it either, FF7 will always be my fav game of all time FF8 after it but 9 god don't get me started.

FF10 was ok but it didn't feel Final Fantasy-ish it was always moving forward not much discovery you know like the old ones with the exploration of the map you did get to but not much. It was only locations found/known only not exploring yourself dont get me wrong thou worth finishing but never went back to it after that. FF X-2 I started 3yrs ago got to lv35 on Chapter 2 Never continued it still got the save file lol.

But yeah a good game this on for 360 if you after a FF style RPG

Back