• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need 8800gtx cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tRidiot

Premium Member
What's an inexpensive, but good-performing cooler for the gtx? I'd like to buy from NewEgg since I can pay with PayPal....

I can put up a fan on it, and I have room, as I don't have any PCI cards in there... I'll need to add one for my firewire, but that can go in the last slot.... so any suggestions?

I see the HR-03, but that's pretty high... and trying to make sure I get the right one, looks like several versions of that one.

I'm running about 77C under load at 100% fan, which is NOISY.... my cooler chirps like a chipmunk (REALLY ANNOYING) at anything over 80%. The guy I bought it from had it under water, so I'm hoping I just need to reset the cooler and it should do ok... some folks have said their stock eVGA 8800gtx cooler does really well.... not mine. :(

You can't go wrong with the HR-03.

I'm not sure if the Accelero S1/2 supports the GTX. If it does, that is probably a better choice for your budget

Indeed the Thermalright models are great, aye a little pricey but they definatly do there job.

I don't think the Accelero S1Rev2/S2 fit my card... they don't list it as compatible. :( I do wish there were a place to attach a fan to them, as well...

I think I'm about to drop some cash... shopping right now.

Back