• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which OS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Win98se.

Haven't used WinMe, but a friend of mine has- lots of troubles.
All the things I have read and seen on this forum and elsewhere lead me to believe that the few additions Me has are not worth the hassles that seem likely.

Win98se has proven itself to me as the most stable and reliable iteration of Win9x........if you must use 9x. I'd say use Win2K if you can though.

I went from 98se to xp pro and I would never go back :D

CrystalMethod said:
Ok, I went out and finally bought my mother a computer for her christmas/ birthday. I'm just undecided on which OS to install on it, WIN 98SE, or Win ME. Any thoughts?

I have win me on my two kids pc's,and it runs flawlessly for me,and I like it for regualr computer users(non tech) ,because of the "restore"feature,it's an easy fix when they delete or click the wrong things.it has a whole lot of drivers in it too,pnp works great in winme.and any older software that worked in 95/98 will work in win me. :) although 98se is a fast top performing os,I like 98se also.

Well, news update. The 98SE I thought I had, wasn't SE. It was just plain old 98. :( So I have 2 98 cd's, in the wrapping with second edition cdkeys? :confused: I'm going to load it up with ME so I can run it for a week to work out all the bugs. Her Birthday is a week from today, so I have plenty of time to re-install if I have to. Crappy part, is that the SB Live! 5.1 that I got is defective, and I have to wait till thursday to get another one whenI get back to work.

Back