• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi-threaded games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There's quite a lot of games out there that support multithreading now.

Crysis
Unreal Engine 3 based games
Oblivion
Quake 4
Some CoD games
WoW

All these games utilize all of the four cores on a quad core processor? I'm not talking about 2 cores I'm talking about greater than 2 cores.

pretty sure supreme commander does as well, also game coming out alan wake will get a 20 or 30% boost from quad i believe :p

Last edited:
Supreme commander supposedly uses '2.5' cores, whatever that means. I've not yet heard of a game taking full advantage of a quad. If using a quad helped Crysis frames, it woulda been big news, right?

Supreme commander supposedly uses '2.5' cores, whatever that means. I've not yet heard of a game taking full advantage of a quad. If using a quad helped Crysis frames, it woulda been big news, right?
well i know quad helped with fps for supreme commander

Supreme Commander has two major threads that can't be broken down further. Those optimally take up residence on 2 cores. The 0.5 core is evreything else.

Them AMD tri-cores would seem to be optimal for it :D

Back