• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E2140 Clocks won't stay. [HELP]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

Hello, just got this E2140 and clocks wont stay..

Mobo: GA-P35-DS3L
CPU: E2140 @ 1.6ghz

C1E disabled
Max CPUID value limit disabled
PCI Freq 100mhz

cpuz.jpg

Right now i am trying to get 8x230 but no clocks have stuck so far. I get into the bios have no problem with changning the clocks then once I check my freq when im in windows they are just stock like they never changed.

I also cannot find Speedstep and such in my BIOS if someone who has this mobo too could help me with what settings to do it would help a bunch! Please and thankys.

Last edited:
I have an E2180 and an Abit IP35-E, I see the same thing sometimes, it reverts to a slower clock. Run Orthos or Prime and watch it change. I can't say for certain, but I think it sometimes just kicks in when it needs to. Maybe to keep temps down? Maybe someone else can field this better.

Well I know that clocks decrease when the computer is at idle but I thought that one of the settings that I disabled took care of that and would leave the clocks always at whatever the settings I put it at. Hmm, I will mess around with it some more.

Well I just restarted and tried a different freq and now it worked and is at 2.66ghz. Temps are about 30idle at the moment. Gonna run orthos and see were it gets me.

Well looks like this e2140 is stable around 2.9ghz on air. I am pretty happy with my results so far. Still on stock volts also. :D

IDLE: 29C
LOAD: 56C.

Still running Ortho's after about 4 hours. Hit 57 for a mere 5seconds then went back down to 56.

Last edited:
You may also want to disable EIST (Intel speed step), if you haven't yet.

I can't seem to find it in my BIOS. It seem's there are a few things 'missing' that I cannot see when I see other people's BIOS, quite strange.

Back