• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gave up on the Asus P5K-E, are other P35 boards a problem with SATA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pred02

Registered
Per trouble post below, I gave up on the SATA problem with the Asus P5K-E wifi board I received last Friday. I tried and tried with the ICH9R ACHI driver, but nothing worked (different boot disk variations, etc). These seems to be a problem between my WD Raptor 150X drive and the ICH9R driver. Every time I would install the iastor.sys driver, after the first reboot I would get the BSOD.

I must have formatted by hard drive 10 times in last 24 hours. I give up...:confused:

I also give up on Asus, this is the second time Asus motherboard had problems. It's time to move onto some other brands...

I want to order another board, but am affraid that I might get the same problem. That is I am interested in another P35 variation, perhaps Abit or MSI, but since they all have P35 and ICH9R, will I also experience the SATA problem with the other boards?

Maybe I should stay away from the ICH9R and the P35, get an Nvidia680 SLI or something similar. I am looking for something in the $100-$150 price range.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
frustrated... :bang head

Back