• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hear of any thing like this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

so a friend of mine who lives with her parents is having to sell their house before they forclose so shes been packin things up and they say they have a cooler thing with a pump in it from when her husband broke his ankle.

aparently you fill it with icy water and hook the hoses to a boot thing, there is 2 hoses (in and out obviously) and its all pretty much contained in this chest cooler thing.

has any one herd of such a thing?
i was thinkin it would make a good water cooler for a seccondary computer.
i dont think i would use any ice though just water, if even that.

Sounds like it is made to just keep a spot cool. I don't think it would work well considering it is probably made to dissipate just a few watts (if that).

well see thats the thing, some ones ankle doesent produce any watts but the idea of this was to be the equalivant of keeping a bag of ice on your foot for hours at a time.

bag of ice melt soon, cooler full of ice water last longer.

i was just wondering if some one had herd of such a thing because i never daw it, i may pick it up tommorow.

Its almost as its built for OCing, it even says (OC) in the ice bath :p
I am interested in how this works though.

heh i didnt notice that, time for a cheepo socket A or 939 water block i guess....i donno what i am going to do it on to test....probally socket a

Your regrigerator won't make ice fast enough to keep any modern CPU cool.

weeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa whatta find !!!

stuff like that is where all the fun is hahahahaha good luck !

just found out the local store carried dry ice, i can bench iwht it and have fancy punch at the same time!

Yeah, seen one before. Similar setup is sometimes used for race car drivers. Wear a shirt with some 1/4" pipe sewn in it and run icewater through it, keeps you nice and cool. But like they said, not good enough for 24/7 used, and I would at least upgrade the pump on it...
Dan

Well have fun I don't think it will work that well but make sure you watch out for condensation so you don't kill your equipment at least :)

Back