• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sudden no wii connection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

alright i have had 4000 wii points since x-mas that i was going to use for super awsome older games that are super awsome...and all of a sudden every thing goes to hell.

it play games fine, and it'll do a connection test fine, but if i try to update it says it failed, the code it gives me says no connection so i re configure try test again and test is fine, update fails again same code.

what the hell!
i freakin hate wireless, i wish they woulda put the RJ45 in the console instead of having some lame *** USB thing.

any ideas?

My Wii started flashing earlier today, and the message was from Nintendo stating that there's a Update for the shopping channel. Try to update your system......

mine just came on, i was gonna ask if some one sent me a message but it must be nintendo. thing is it just wont update any thing

edit:
still no go, connection test sucessful, update not.

i just plugged in my SNES for now but i still want to use my freakin points!
specially for the games i dont have

Last edited:
I disabled the automagic Wifi connection, the constant glowing and fan blowing was annoying me seeing as how little I play it. Mine downloaded an update for SSBB just fine. Have you made any changes in your network lately? I think it handles both WEP and WPA just fine (I know it does WPA, because that is what I use). I would go back into the network setup on the Wii and re-enter all the information particularly the encryption key.

I disabled the automagic Wifi connection, the constant glowing and fan blowing was annoying me seeing as how little I play it. Mine downloaded an update for SSBB just fine. Have you made any changes in your network lately? I think it handles both WEP and WPA just fine (I know it does WPA, because that is what I use). I would go back into the network setup on the Wii and re-enter all the information particularly the encryption key.

Yeah this worked for me as well set up WEP @128 bit. It passes the test even when it finds a locked acess point, so I would bet a key code isn't matching up. If you have to, reset everything on your access point and set it up again.

Make sure if you use WEP you use key # 1.

Well WPA is more secure ...so use that instead. Or are you saying your unsecured(As in it wide open for connection) and your still having problems?

wide open and having problems.

come to think of it mario galaxy installed a update and its been since then it hasnt been workin right, i wonder if there something in it thats made it go all funky.

Does your router see your Wii? Have you tried doing a system restore on the Wii, and started from scratch?

*You can save up to 8 Miis per Wiimote.

My father-in-law's WII was doin a similar thing, but he also couldn't get had trouble downloading emails to his computer. I power cycled the modem and router, and sure enough it worked fine after that. It could be your wireless connection is fine, but something else isn't working correctly. Also what is your connection strength like? Could be it has enough strength to pass a test but no enough to sustain a firmware update over a prolonged d/l.

The antenna's on the wii are pretty weak, did you move the system before playing mario? Try using manual configuration, mine doesnt like automatic, I have to try to connect 3+ times before it actually works.

The antenna's on the wii are pretty weak, did you move the system before playing mario? Try using manual configuration, mine doesnt like automatic, I have to try to connect 3+ times before it actually works.

So weird, the ONLY problem that I've had w/ the Wii was a bad copy of Wii Sports. Nintendo sent me a replacement disc, and have had no problems since.

My copy of zelda was scratched, when it says goes to play the ending credits, it crashes, and I have to continue playing without that on my record, so if I want 100% completion, I have to crash my system to do so :( And I cant take it back, because it took me too long to get to the end of the game.

Back