• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another question about tracers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th3 F4ll3n P1mp

Disabled
I have heard about them getting pretty high, but is it possible to get them to 1337 mhz with no extra cooling? I am just curious, cuz it would be pretty cool to run them at 1337. My tracers are ddr2 800 stock. Will they hit 1337 mhz with the cooling fan if it isnt possible with passive?

Assuming they're double-sided... Not with less than 2.2 volts, if at all, and if you give them any more you are pretty much guaranteed to toast them. Active cooling will delay the inevitable for a little while.

If you really want something to be at 1337mhz, try your FSB. Set it to to 334 and check CPU-Z.. Should be close, and pretty lame. This ain't 1992..

Damn it...must...find...way...to...get...1337...mhz...on...l33t...ram!!! Crap...guess I need to wc my ramz for such a cool speed lol.

I know Team makes some DDR2 1300, which I'm sure you could coax an extra 37 mhz out of.

Well yeah. Newegg has 1GB sticks for $120, and for whatever reason they deactivated the 2x1 kit, which was 230 or so IIRC.

Back