• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TechPowerUp Radeon Bios Editor v1.08

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gmony01

Anybody change the vcore successfully with this program yet on a 3870? What a safe setting for a Visiontek 3870? Right now the default is 1.327. Shooting for a 900mhz core clock, right now limit is 864.

As far as I know, you wouldnt have to change the vcore to reach 900. The VisionTek BIOS itself is whats blocking you from getting past 864. For some reason the BIOS's dont let you clock past that without crashing. If you put on a different BIOS you should be able to surpass that core limit without upping the vcore. Or at least thats what I have heard.

Thanks, but I already have a nodded sapphire bios with the fanfix. Has 885mhz(877) cap. So stopped playin chicken and installed a modded bios I modded using RBE. Upped the vcore to 1.334. So far, so good at 891mhz. My temps are at 66c max, thats with the fan at 100%. Is that safe temp to run at? Has no artifacts, and loops 3dmark06 np.

Back