• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid0 benchmark and driver help please, NF4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabe3

I'm trying to get vista working with my new western digital 7200rpm drives.

2x raid0 w/128k stripe size.

Can anyone recommend me some drivers? I first tried the 15.01 drivers from the nvidia site. I when I loaded into vista, not knowing I was not suppose to install the drivers from windows update, so after doing that I had big problems. Even though those drivers probably would have worked fine, I decided anyway to try the guide & drivers from here:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/1-vt66299.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Using the v9.98 drivers from that guide everything seems to be working fine.

Heres a benchmark:
97207847km4.jpg

The thing that concerns me is that with the 15.01 drivers that I tried in the beginning my hd tune benchmark was about 35 MB/sec more then with the v9.98

So I'm wondering if I should go back to the 15.01 drivers because they gave a better benchmark or stick with these 9.98.

and why is that access time so high, is that normal? I don't remember what the access time was on the 15.01 drivers :(

that access time is pretty high... id go back to the 15.01 drivers and do some more benchies to see which is best.

Back