• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do u guys use to test stability ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Laggy

Orthos :
If u guys use orthos for testing stability, which test do u choose ?
Small FFT, large FFT or blend . ?
OCCT:
No option for what to stress
Prime 95:
Which test do u choose ?

I just wanted to know ,since I once ran an OCCT test on my new OC 9x345 = 3105 mhz, for 2 hours stable.
Then i tried Orthos failed after 20 min..
But i had the PC running for 5+ hours everyday with gamming no crashes, Before i tried to test it with Orthos.

So what is wrong ?.

Prime, both tests for a few hours. The best stability tester I've come across is Folding@Home's SMP client. My rig was stable with Prime for hours and hours...ran SMP and it crashed within minutes. Bumped Vcore one notch and it's been folding away for a long time. :)

HI hokiealumnus..
I just want to ask you "abit IP35-E; Intel E4400 (320 x 10 = 3.2Ghz, 1.445Vcore)" the Vcore is it set from bios or is it the one u read from cpuz ?

small FFT's or folding for cpu

blend and some gaming for system as a whole

memtest for memory alone

coredamage for cooling

Jeff

HI hokiealumnus..
I just want to ask you "abit IP35-E; Intel E4400 (320 x 10 = 3.2Ghz, 1.445Vcore)" the Vcore is it set from bios or is it the one u read from cpuz ?

That's in BIOS. After Vdroop from Folding@Home it's 1.41v.

Back