• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech Cordless Freedom2.4 joystick $25 refurb good? (JS challenged ~ 4 yrs)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

I have a chance to get a refurb Logitech Freedom2.4 cordless joystick for like $22.50+tx cdn. Last time I knew it to be ~$70 +tx at futureshop in Toronto. Was higher, I believe. Don't now if its avail new now, or if theres a (beeter replacement, either Logitech, or other maker. Has cordless proven ok for sticks? I don't need to worry about batteries at all. I don't need a joystick at the moment, otherwise I'd jump at the chance. Not 100% about warranty, but I'd at least get a credit note if it didn't work out.

It didn't have any software. Can I assume I could get a download.

Its been a while since I read about joysticks (4 years?) Is the Logitech cordless freedom2.4 a good stick (still). Is it prone to breaking or anything. Are there better sticks out nowadays. Is Force feedback doing any good nowadays. Idon't like sczizophrenic sticks by the looks of them._Saitek at circuit city. I'm not a (fligh sim kind of) flyer, maybe graphic fly smash bash shoot 'em up, then some racing or whatever to do w/ a stick around . But I know this joystick by looks alone pretty much alone for many years and it was definetely on the short list of toys I'd have if. Better things to get? Should I spend an evening reading up?

I'm not planning on going back to get it unless I get a "grab 'er quick, thats the stick!" I currently just don't want to miss the opportunity by being too lazy to find out, so here I am. Thx.

Last edited:
well today at the Logitech site it is 1 of only 4 joysticks.

So now its just a question of how it compares today. IIRC, it was a new deal ~4 years ago and there were speculative reviews, comments (some breaking buttons: may have been fixed). So now no neo reviews and I need to rely on a poll from yousguys, if poss.

Also I found it at a everyday price of $46.50 new in box w/ sw. This only means it may be in the running anyday I get one. Back to start. I can get the sw from logitech.com. Could explain why a corded ATtack 3 is only $30, cuz if it works good, who wouldn'r want a cordless JS?

I have it, it's a pretty good joystick. Had it for 2 years now, still work, only one button became somewhat faulty, have to push it harder than usual. Its great for BF2/Flight simulator flying.

Any comments on if there is any problem getting the software for it, cuz there was none in the box. It showed at logitech, but dunno if all (sometimes not all avail...) and you may have already gone there.

I read up on it back then, and a button was THE question, and whether logitech got around to fixing "it"... I could dig that up with some googling. Can't member which button. But overall this js looked goood. Like the one to have. Considering the technology I was just wondering if it has held up. Unfortunately I have to go back if I want it, and it looks like I should.

Btw, wrt the cordless stuff is there ever a problem with interference? I am going to have my first ever cordless soon (a serious dose): wifi internet w/ pooter1 to pooter2 (asus'), pooter 2 is to have a (logitech) cordless mouse & keyboard combo, and with the (logitech) joystick for pooter1.

Last edited:
Back