• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warhammer Online beta.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My WoW guild applied back in Sept, if memory serves. Haven't heard a word of it. I stopped playing WoW 6 months ago, but they at least would have mentioned it on their forums if anything was heard.

Warrhammer 40K was the stuff back when I played roll based games. Is this beta warhammer or warhammer 40k?

If the latter? How do i get in!?!?!?

Its Warhammer. Which is basically going to be a total WoW clone, will be buggy, not fun and flop like every other MMO.

(And I'm not a WoW player)

Its Warhammer. Which is basically going to be a total WoW clone, will be buggy, not fun and flop like every other MMO.

How do you know that it will be buggy or not fun? If you have some insider knowledge, please share it with the rest of us.

It's been touted as a "WoW Killer", but so were Vanguard and Guild Wars. I don't think it'll touch WoW's numbers much. A few people who are sick of WoW will go to WH, but I'm speculating that it'll probably be another flash in the pan. It's going to take something that's very innovative and very casual-friendly to dethrone WoW.

WH does sound pretty sweet though. From what I've read, it's a LOT more focused around PVP.

I'm in the beta and its alright right now. I'm still in the beginner stages so I don't have too much experience with the game. I can't wait until I level up a little bit and advance through the game some more. I want to check out the PvP though as it sounds pretty awesome. Not sure how they implemented it yet though.

I'll be playing more this coming weekend as I don't have much time right now due to school. I'll try to keep you guys posted on how it is (Is that legal to do with the NDA they have you agree to? I don't want to risk any legal trouble as I'm going through enough right now).

I'm in the beta and its alright right now. I'm still in the beginner stages so I don't have too much experience with the game. I can't wait until I level up a little bit and advance through the game some more. I want to check out the PvP though as it sounds pretty awesome. Not sure how they implemented it yet though.

I'll be playing more this coming weekend as I don't have much time right now due to school. I'll try to keep you guys posted on how it is (Is that legal to do with the NDA they have you agree to? I don't want to risk any legal trouble as I'm going through enough right now).

Best read the NDA to find your answer to that question. ;)

"Hi Guys, My name is SteveLord and I like to talk out of my youknowhat!" WoW clone? HAHA! I am no fanboy of WH by any means, but lets set some things straight.

First, the Warhammer intellectual property was around looooooooooong before Warcraft.

Second, you say it'll be a World of Warcraft clone? World of Warcraft is practically a clone of Everquest. Just an FYI but there were several MMORPG games similar to WoW long before WoW came along. There's not much that's original about it to be honest. I mean World of Warcraft is cool. I played it for 2 years. You give it too much credit though. :)

Finally, you have no freaking clue if it will be buggy and will flop. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
"Hi Guys, My name is SteveLord and I like to talk out of my youknowhat!" WoW clone? HAHA! I am no fanboy of WH by any means, but lets set some things straight.

First, the Warhammer intellectual property was around looooooooooong before Warcraft.

Second, you say it'll be a World of Warcraft clone? World of Warcraft is practically a clone of Everquest. Just an FYI but there were several MMORPG games similar to WoW long before WoW came along. There's not much that's original about it to be honest. I mean World of Warcraft is cool. I played it for 2 years. You give it too much credit though. :)

Finally, you have no freaking clue if it will be buggy and will flop. :rolleyes:

Actually, oddly enough, I remember reading somewhere not that long ago that WarCraft was originally set to be a WarHammer RTS. If I remember right, Blizzard lost the contract after development began and decided to rebadge it as WarCraft and develop their own world, backstory, characters, classes, etc.

Well, if you have a game based of a game which was based of a game, it is impossible to indirectly assume which game it is a clone of, so that makes your point just as moot.

I have been on the beta list (applied for a friend, I have no interest in MMORPGs) for well over a year. I havn't even got any e-mail updates in months, so that makes me wonder if they are even still doing it.

Well, if you have a game based of a game which was based of a game, it is impossible to indirectly assume which game it is a clone of, so that makes your point just as moot.

I have been on the beta list (applied for a friend, I have no interest in MMORPGs) for well over a year. I havn't even got any e-mail updates in months, so that makes me wonder if they are even still doing it.
You really don't have much of a point. He said it's a WoW clone. I was simply pointing out the fact how foolish it is to say it's a clone of another game which is itself is a clone of another game(s). His remark was pointless.

It's not necessarily a "WoW clone." The game is heavily Realm vs Realm based, something completely absent from WoW. Dark Age of Camelot had Realm vs Realm combat. If anything you could say it's a DAoC clone.

You really don't have much of a point. He said it's a WoW clone. I was simply pointing out the fact how foolish it is to say it's a clone of another game which is itself is a clone of another game(s). His remark was pointless.

It's not necessarily a "WoW clone." The game is heavily Realm vs Realm based, something completely absent from WoW. Dark Age of Camelot had Realm vs Realm combat. If anything you could say it's a DAoC clone.
I agree with SteveLord, it's a WoW clone, or at least very similar. I could care less which came first. Realm vs Realm combat is just another word for PVP dude. Only new idea is the capturing of cities and areas, everything else is pretty much the same. I haven't seen anything new in it besides that =/

i put in an app over 10 yrs ago...never heard anything back. the game is never going to come out so why bother :p

from what i've seen it does seem really similar to WoW, just with some RvR thrown in. hopefully it's like DAoC RvR, because it was way more fun than WoW pvp. at least in the sense where you actually felt like you were at war with the other sides, unlike WoW.

Interesting... I like the warhammer universe, so I may check it out when it is released.

Unless it has cute little orks, snazzy dance animation, and pink power armor, this game will not kill WoW; I know too many of my female friends who love WoW, because it reminds them of Neopets and the like. WoW just did a great job to bring ANYBODY in. Warhammer on the other hand... well you certainly will not see just any type of person knowing about it.

Bryan D

I just checked my status and realized I never did the email confirmation! SOB!
I probably would have been accepted by now, I applied in like October :(
Anyone got in? how is it?

sorry to spoil your dreams but your chances of getting in were slim to none in the first place. They have over 600,000 entrants and very few get in. This reminded me to update my dxdiag though :D

lol @ the people claiming its a wow clone. WoW isn't even very original in the first place... just very easy to play. The PvP battlegrounds are a copy of DAoC. as someone said earlier, Warhammer if anything, is a clone of DAoC... considering its made by Mythic.

Expect the PvP/RvR to be awesome in Warhammer. Mythic really knows what they're doing there.

Sadly, I know it won't be a WoW killer, but I am sure it will be a gem.

Last edited:
Back