• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can nvidia dual 3d desktop yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Just curious cuz its been a great selling point for hte opposition IMHO for hte last 2 years or so... I assume that by the 8800s they could do it if not maybe the 9XXX series can do it?

What im asking is... can you game on one monitor while having a full screen video running on second monitor same card....

Would like to know if this option is available and when it came available i know it wasnot an option on hte 79XX series... so if it became an option... when..

Thanks

Per this thread it appears that 8800 is a no but G92 might be a yes according to cabose.

Could I get someone to verify this please?

I'm having my coffee right now, as soon as I'm done I'll test it.
It shouldn't take me long.

EDIT:
Works on the 8800GT, I set it to Dual View and fired up a TV episode on the TV (Component cable) and I started Portal on my main display.
Hope that is what you wanted :)

Last edited:
I'm having my coffee right now, as soon as I'm done I'll test it.
It shouldn't take me long.

EDIT:
Works on the 8800GT, I set it to Dual View and fired up a TV episode on the TV (Component cable) and I started Portal on my main display.
Hope that is what you wanted :)

Exactly. Thanks for the input. So looks like G92+ is it then.

My old 8800 Ultra used to do this just fine. I would often have two accounts of Everquest2 running on the one card on separate monitors. When I was just using my 1 account I would often have Slingbox running some TV shows or some other video running. The games were in windowed mode, but stretched the full size of the screen.

Ill test it out on my 512, after I find a spare tv or another dvi-vga adapter.

Good thing you had an 8800 Ultra. I couldn't imagine running two instances of a game on a lesser video card.

This game isnt coded the best. It is only single core optimized and too much of the engine uses CPU cycles. Its fairly common to see one core pegged 100% at any given point.

I did have to turn off AA when running the two instances though. The Ultra certainly choked trying to AA both instances.

i can game on one screen, and watch a movie, or tv on the other at the same time, is that what your asking?

Last edited:
My 8800gts 640 can do it. Started up a movie on the TV and started up portal on my LCD and worked fine :)

i can game on one screen, and watch a movie, or tv on the other at the same time, is that what your asking?

Yes that is exactly what I am asking thanks

So one person said no for the 8800 Ultra.. but another said yes.

GTX yes. GT and GTS 512MB yes

How is your TV hooked up? DVI or DVI to HDMI adapter? Or are you using the TV out port on the card.

i have my sammy 206bw plugged in thru dvi, and im useing a vga-dvi adapter for the lg, both are connected directly to the gtx heh.. i have the ati theatre pro 650, so for the moment, i dont have to really mess with any wires :) it would be nice to pipe some stuff over to my wega tho.. but im cheap ;)

Back