• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800x2 and X2 E3110

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNEWB

:santa2::santa:

New toys to play with today :D

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

My buddy just bought a few of thease for his inventory. So when I walked in to visit him at lunch I ended up taking them off his hands. :D The E3110 are not up on his store site because most of his sales are through walk in. $210 :santa:

Even though I'm happy as croop with my lil celeron E1200 @ 3.0Ghz and 8800GTS OC.

TEST1.jpg

vidcardoc.jpg

Wish me luck with the new OC.

Kamski

nice new toys!!

a celeron is not a wall for for the 8000GTS, just cause is has 512k L2 doesnt make it bad. it roughly loses 6% performacne wise from a equal clocked cpu with 1mb L2 in games. as long as the cpu is 3ghz-3.2ghz its not a wall for the 8800GTS he taked/showed in the second pic.

seems the box is getting upgraded to a 45nm quad with a 9800GX2, sounds like FUN!! :)

6% is 6%!!! thats the difference between a 3000 mhz clock and a 3180 mhz clock! or a 3Dmark score of 7500 or 7950! 6% can make all the difference to an o'clocker!

Can someone check my math? I never was very good at it :bang head:bang head LOLs!!! :beer:

ARRRRRGH!!!

:(

Hit a wall not sure how to pass it?

NEWOC.jpg

Lemme take some Bios pics.

See if this works for you:

Set ram timings manually to: 5-5-5-15 @ 2.2v ( Not sure if your ram will hold up with 2.3v without some cooling)
Drop multi to 8
Keep Cpu voltage to 1.3v (maybe 1.35-37v) if needed

Then see if you can raise the FSB and pass that wall of yours ;)

are you still running asus formula Kamilk ?

tested one and got a lot of pbs getting high fsb .

maybe should you relax your strap to 400 if available .

try lower multi x 6 to get your max fsb with relax timngs on ram .

disable all cpu sttings ( C1E, eist etc ) and enable load calibration line .

disable dram static read too ,transaction booster .

I reached high fsb with cpu voltage ref set to 0.63 and NB one to 0.67.

vfsb at 1.40 or 1.50 for max fsb

vvmch at 1.40( no other choice as my bios don't let me boot with 1.55v nor 1.70 v lol and no strap setting available ,have to flash and test later with new one )

you could put some more vcore after if no success.

those X38 chips are too instable with my ram ( g skill PC6400 ) and need to increase vdimm to boot! don't like it lol

set fsb strap MANUALLY ( 333 first and 400 if worse)

disable dram static read

I also try to set CPU pll voltage to 1.7v if not working auto .

in "power" tab , what is your vcore ?

ok, small power bump. :)

betterOC.jpg

I love this site.

So being at 1.35Vcore, how much further can I push it?

Any guestimates?

Kamski

I got the same board... you should be able to run 500 fsb x 8 with ur ram at 1000mhz. My vcore is 1.36 with loadline enabled, strap is 333 or 400(either works), nb voltage is 1.59, sb voltage is 1.050, cpu GTL ref is 063, nb ref is 067, FSB term is 1.36, trans booster is disabled with setting of 1....everything else is Auto except the C1E, vanderpool, speedstep etc.

The 500 fsb makes a huge difference with 3dperformance at least with my 3870x2 it does.

Back