• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxiumus Formula - Updated BIOS .. Now set FSB won't save

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

I updated the BIOS of my Asus Maximus Formula from 0907 to the latest beta BIOS 1004 and its caused a fair few problems. When the system posts the LCD display shows which stages it's at (Det DRAM, INIT CPU, VGA BIOS ect.) and with the latest BIOS it would repeat each test 3 times before finally posting. I then re-flashed the BIOS back to 0907 and have restored all my settings but now no matter what number I set the FSB too it doesn't save it. Hitting F10 or 'Save changes and exit' cause it to restart but then the FSB doesn't change .. Its stuck at 333 (so standard for my E8400) ..

Now basically all the mobo's i've had have been Asus ones and on each I have always used the latest beta BIOS and never had any problems, I had used the 0907 beta for this board too ... So any ideas people? Its horrible running a computer at stock speeds .. 3Ghz is sooo slow compared to 4Ghz :p

Cheers :beer:

Clearing the CMOS (both with the onboard button, jumper and batteryies) was the first thing I tried ..

EDIT/UPDATE:

Downloaded a fresh 0907 and flashed it .. Didn't work .. Cleared CMOS, re-flashed .. Set FSB now saves but booting to windows with my OC is now a no no ..

Back