• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing the timing on OCZ memory in Dell BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zxyqu

Hey, I know there is a good summary of what to do listed, but since I have a Dell system, we all know they love to lock up the BIOS. Anyone have some comments on how to work with timing, voltage, etc of some memory on a Dell board. I have nTune, but you know how that is.
Thanks!

if its a reference 680i mb you could always flash the bios with a xfx or evga bios.the only other option is to try memset.you wont have any voltage adjustments tho.

Yea, I've heard horror stories of trying to flash the Dell BIOS, so I'm going to stay away from it. With Memtest, would it even be worth it to use without being able to adjust the volatges?

Just learn your lesson and stay away from Dell in the future. The Dell BIOS is it's BIOS period... There's only so much you can do and that does NOT include any of the things you mentioned. But you (or someone you got it from) put some money in their pockets and in turn the shareholders.

Not true. I have a Dell XPS 630i and I have my CPU overclocked to 3.0 GHZ with 1.4 CPU Core Voltage. I have the Pheniox-AWard Bios. Not sure what you have. In advance I have an overclock section and overvoltage section. That were you will find these.

Not true. I have a Dell XPS 630i and I have my CPU overclocked to 3.0 GHZ with 1.4 CPU Core Voltage. I have the Pheniox-AWard Bios. Not sure what you have. In advance I have an overclock section and overvoltage section. That were you will find these.

Not all of them have that. Memset and other programs like that are your best and only bet.

Back