• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

386 emulators?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Semyaza

Was wondering if anyone knows of an emulator that will run fantasy empires on a vista machine. I loved the game growing up and played it with a group of friends often. And I wanted to revisit it.

I tried DOSBox it doesn't work with it well and there is no sound.

Also if someone knows of a site where I can find like a mini 386 computer kit or something, that would be awesome. I think it be neat to have one of the beast for playing old games.

Microsoft Virtiual machine (free) or VM Ware with windows 95 - 2000 in it?

Microsoft Virtiual machine (free) or VM Ware with windows 95 - 2000 in it?

Can you slow it down? The problem is it runs uber fast, to fast to do anything.

I will prob just get that comp off ebay to tell the truth. I can't even remember where my 386 went, i think i gave it away. >_<

there used to be a program called Mo Slo, i rember using it on an origonal Pentium for 386 games, since the game was timed off of clock cycles the pentium was even too fast for it but mo slo would eat up extra cycles basicly slowing the computer down.

dont know if it would work any more, running a 10Mhz game off of a 133Mhz processor is a bit different that using 10Mhz off of a 2500Mhz processor

if the 386 board i have wasnt so cool i would let you have it but theres gotta be something in your area, check craigs list or something

Back