• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got very bored :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
after all this, i only gained 3pts in 3dmark2k1, but i was able to run at 267/592..

i did it fast, and its epoxyed on.. its 5am, so i didnt wanna get the drill out ;P plus i dont have the screws..

Way to rock out that FOP38! How did you get it to stay on? May not give you that great increase in performance, but at least you can damn well bet that your gpu will stay nice and cool. :D

WillysNut said:
Way to rock out that FOP38! How did you get it to stay on? May not give you that great increase in performance, but at least you can damn well bet that your gpu will stay nice and cool. :D

its epoxyed ;) it was just something to try..
took over 2hrs, cuz the epoxy wasnt holding on..
it took me 4 tryed, and alot of wasted epoxy..
i tryed it with the sink alone first, and after running 3dmark, if was very lose.. so ill get a drill out later, and have some fun..
takes up 3 pci slots.. im gonna get a alpha 153U soon, but im gonna mess with this one seeing i got 2 alum sinks to mess round with.

scores be4 and after i tryed this:
be4 -> http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2349577

after -> http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2356960

i lost a few fps in half the games, but i got 3extra pts overall..

also note.. be4 i was 265/590.. after i tested at 267/592.. so i gained a few mhz.. isnt really worth the waste of 3 pci slots, but i only use 2.. i think after i drill and blot it, ill get a better score. i used a ystech fan.. i just hope it doesnt fall off this time of i may have to buy a new nic card heh ;P

funnyperson1 said:
man and i thought i had an oversized heatsink on my gpu....

I like to do different things and stand out. i HATE copying other ppl, and haveing the same hardware.. it may not be the best, but its better to look at :)

My god . . . it took me a sec (I hadn't looked any lower than the pics) to realize, and I said to myself "My God, thats a FOP38 on there!! Very cool!

Back