• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Reservoirs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DigitalMonkey

I'm looking for a water reservoir with excellent performance and quality.
Can someone recommend a good reservoir I can use?

:confused:

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of "performance" you want out of a reservoir? They hold water. I have a swiftech micro res. Works great. It was only twelve dollars. You don't need anything big. It's mostly useful for bleeding and filling.

Swiftech micro res works great.

I don't know what kind of "performance" you want out of a reservoir? They hold water. I have a swiftech micro res. Works great. It was only twelve dollars. You don't need anything big. It's mostly useful for bleeding and filling.

Swiftech micro res works great.

I looking to overclock my system, thats why asking about reservoirs that have high input and output water flow. Also, I want the reservoir to be durable.

I forgot to add that I'm looking for a bay reservoir.

I looking to overclock my system, thats why asking about reservoirs that have high input and output water flow. Also, I want the reservoir to be durable.

I forgot to add that I'm looking for a bay reservoir.

Keep looking. Bay reservoirs don't work very well at all and don't have a good track record when it comes to reliability.

Whatever you do, don't buy an icebox res as there have been repeated threads of them just coming apart.

Go with the Swiftech microres of one of EK's reservoirs. Either of them will handle whatever you are going to throw at them to include an Iwaki pump.

PS, it doesn't take a firehose to overclock. There are very minimal gains over about 1.5gpm regardless of the setup. Check some PQ curves and you'll see what I mean.

Either the swiftech micro res, which I myself use, or an EK multi option I would advise. Both are very durable and "high performance".

-1 on the bay res... they have a tendancy to split and leak for no aparent reason.

Have you considered the AquaBay M3? It's a bay resevoir and I've heard good things about it. It has a metal case and polyurethane container. I've done a lot of stuff with polyurethane as a container (never for computer watercooling) and it is a very robust material.

Have you considered the AquaBay M3? It's a bay resevoir and I've heard good things about it. It has a metal case and polyurethane container. I've done a lot of stuff with polyurethane as a container (never for computer watercooling) and it is a very robust material.

Both water flow ports are kind of small.

Is a res absolutely neccesary, if it's possible to go T-Line that would save you a few $ and also save space :)

Repak by Alphacool?

Repack-SIBUV_01_half.jpg

P1010355.JPG

If it's 1/2 barbs, the design hardly matters from a performance perspective. Res is a res is a res. The first one is just fine, the second one is just fine, the bay res shown is just fine. Only difference is the barb size between 3/8 and 1/2, so choose 1/2 on whatever design you like.

If it's 1/2 barbs, the design hardly matters from a performance perspective. Res is a res is a res. The first one is just fine, the second one is just fine, the bay res shown is just fine. Only difference is the barb size between 3/8 and 1/2, so choose 1/2 on whatever design you like.

Wrong, These are the types mentioned before to stay away from, and that's because they have a seam mid way up around the diameter of the peice that is known for splitting apart over time. I have had it happen to me, and it's not pleasant. The reservoirs like the swiftech micro-res have a deflector peice mounted inside it that diverts the water as it flows through, which helps draw all the air out of the lines. It works very well, and the construction is of good quality and it's quite thick.

That Alphacool looks really nice. :)

I'll add another vote for the swiftech micro, good design and gets the job done. Honestly though unless you're running a cooling system that has insufficient radiator capacity no size/type of resivoir is going to do anything other than hold extra water and seperate air as long as the fitting size is large enough. If your radiators arent big enough you could use a large enough resivoir to overcome it at least until all the volume of water heats up.

Back