• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icebob

got a weird problem, when I try to run 3Dmark or a game the fps go full throttle like 80-85 fps then suddendly go down to 1-0 fps, stay there for a bit then full speed again and that keep on doing that. i tried all bios version available and also tried different catalyst drivers. Any idea woukd be very appreciate

I see in your sig that you have a duorb cooler on your vc. It may be getting too hot if it is not seated correctly or there is too much thermal paste on it. Also, if you haven't done so, make sure you put some heatsinks on the now exposed mosfets. Try to reseat the heatsink and put heatsinks on the mosfets and see if that helps out the throttling.

I see in your sig that you have a duorb cooler on your vc. It may be getting too hot if it is not seated correctly or there is too much thermal paste on it. Also, if you haven't done so, make sure you put some heatsinks on the now exposed mosfets. Try to reseat the heatsink and put heatsinks on the mosfets and see if that helps out the throttling.

Appreciate your input.got the duorb for a while an no prob with temp or what so ever, it's a new motherboard on wich i put first a 9600be quad. not stable at all. so I put back my 4600+ on and run fne. now I just put a 6400+ be and the thing is slow like hell. don't get it why an am2+ run great with a 4600+ and not with a quad 9600+be or a 6400+ be

when it slows down stop the test or have something running a record of the temps and check em. it sounds a lot like a temp issues. if u find that its not the temp the i would check out some other ver of BIOS and if that does not fix the issue i would also check your ram.

Have u loaded up ur CPU at a 100% with like prime95 or something to check heat and make sure u dont have a crap CPU?

Found the problem, the cpu is no good, tried it on two different rig and same problem. So I put back the phenom back in there and deal with the occasional crash. another RMA to newegg...... not been lucky with them lately.....

Back