• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista 64 and Seti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WedgeWhacko

Well I wanted to try vista 64 out so I installed Bionc on it and also used the optimized client.

Problem is that I am noticing different temps between Vista and XP...

XP seems to show lower temps and I have no clue to why.

Anyone running Seti on a Vista Box??

Is vista not recommended because of all the other processes in the background?

I run it on my main machine which is vista ult x64 with no issues... gets about 4300RAC or so.

Wedge,

I'm running Vista x64 on my main rig as well with no adverse issues. I have it the quad clocked at 3.5 running a TRUE cooler and my hottest core is at 58C under SETI. Not cool, but cool enough to run 3.5 stable. I had it at 3.6 but when ambients climb up its a no go at that speed. This is running a 1.47 actual on the vcore, which is pretty high, but not quite at the 1.5V 'safe limit' for the 65nm.

I'm running Vista x64 and Server 2003 x64 on several machines with optimized clients. No problems at all, runs great.

Well I have the Heating issue fixed...

Decided to go ahead and Watercool the little bastage...

Now my q6600 is nice and cool even with these damn ambient temps in the house of 23-25 constant I have a load temp on all cores hovering around 50.

And thats even @3.4 just making sure this baby stays stable then I'll go for 3.6 later this week.

So far so good with this vista 64 setup...
Now Hopefully I can hold off shadow...but that is highly unlikely...I would need another quad at the very least to hold him off. :)

But all is stable after 2hrs so looks like 3.4 is going to be used for this week and after I make some case mods to get some passive air over the sinks maybe I can stay 3.6 stable 24/7...

Back