• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

steppings out of Clubit.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

Can any one tell me what batchs of E8400's clubit.com has been shipping out lately? I just ordered an OEM from them since newegg sold out of the $187 oems

Gigabit

Ordered an OEM E8400 from ClubIT just last week. It arrived yesterday. CO Stepping (SLAPL), batch Q806A....

I was waiting to see whether I got a chip from one of the really good overclocking batches, or not, before deciding what motherboard to order, but I can't seem to find any posts on this batch yet.

Some can do it easily, some seem to have trouble. In the event that yours stumbles, don't fall into the trap of pushing the volts endlessly just to hit the mark.

Hmmm.I think most E8400 can do around 4.0ghz.I hope:-/

I used to think so. Almost all of the first runs were capable of at lease 4.0, which is the main reason I ordered one. However, in looking at some of the forum threads, it seems like some of the later batches were limited in overclocking potential to the 3.6 to 3.8 range. Needless to say, I'm also hopeful that these latest batches can do 4.0ghz or better.

It's psychological. Rationally, I know the performance difference between 3.6 and 4.0ghz would be negligible, but I just can't help it. It's like the difference between an A- and a B+.

Gigabit

Ordered an OEM E8400 from ClubIT just last week. It arrived yesterday. CO Stepping (SLAPL), batch Q806A....

I was waiting to see whether I got a chip from one of the really good overclocking batches, or not, before deciding what motherboard to order, but I can't seem to find any posts on this batch yet.
I just got the same Batch .And it seems to be a good one

Attachments

• mini-yeah4.0.JPG
    mini-yeah4.0.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Back