• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adjusting HT Speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toledo5189

Registered
I'm currently running at 2.706 (246x11) with 1.376v. My HT speed is a little above 1200. I have been reading that it is good to keep your HT speed close to 1000. In my bios there are 2 options...CPU<->MCP55 HT Speed and NB<->SB Speed. Both give the option of running between 1x and 5x. Which one(s) do I need to lower to decrease my HT speed?

I would go with CPU<->MCP55 HT Speed and drop it to 2 and see what drop if any you get. Then bump to 3 if it goes to low.

I dropped both the HT multipliers to 4x, raised the FSB to 250, increased the vcore to 1.4v, decreased the RAM to 667 and dropped the CPU multiplier to 11x. Now my system looks like this <2.75ghz @ 1.4v....HT~1000....RAM @ 786mhz @ 5-5-5-23-2T 2.1v> I'm not liking this setup, only got a 20 point difference in 3DMark06 which doesn't seem right and heat has increased noticeably with only only slight performance increase...Any suggestions?

I had this setup before you posted your reply so I will try your idea next..thanks for the help...nice case setup btw looks clean as hell. I will be going for looks like that in my next build lol.

If your other setup was stable at the oc you had, then switch it back. The only reason I dropped my HT Link is because of stability issues. If you are fine at 1200, then leave it. And yes the temp to bench payoff isnt that great for just a 20 point gain.

Back